Dress like the stars: Rihanna & ASAP
One of the biggest songs of 2013, A$AP Rocky’s Fashion Killa, featuring Rihanna, solidified the artists’ influence in the fashion industry. The track paid homage to some of the industry’s most prestigious designers, such as Raf Simons and Rick Owens. Today, Rocky and Rihanna have become the embodiment of the spirit of regal rebellion.
Among Rihanna’s notable fashion moments are her 2015 Met Gala red carpet gown designed by Chinese couturier Guo Pei and her outfit for the 2018 edition, with which she channelled the pope.
Rocky has also cemented himself as an arbiter of taste, having worked with British designer JW Anderson, featured on the FW17 Gucci soundtrack and been the face of Dior Homme.
Let Rihanna and Rocky be your style guide for this winter’s must-haves.
Rihanna – Fashion goddess
Rihanna’s fashion sense is nothing less than divine. We love how she is consistently dripping swag and serving heat. On or off the red carpet, Rihanna’s outfits are life goals.
Steal her style:
1. The art of fashion. Consider fashion an art and you will break out of your confines. To pull off anything close to a Rihanna look, remember that accessories are a big part of any outfit. Invest in all shapes and sizes of earrings, as well as bangles and headgear.
2. Supersize coats are forever. When shopping for coats, the bigger they are the better. Keep your eyes open for those oversized bomber jackets and the faux fur that lands in our retail stores seasonally.
3. A collector’s item. It is no wonder that, like diamonds, shoes are referred to as a girl’s best friend. The hotter they are, the more elevated your outfit becomes. Don’t limit yourself to the usual shoe fabrics - go for PVC, denim and feathers for more striking looks.
A$AP Rocky — Duke of streetstyle
There is no denying Rocky, also known as Pretty Flacko, is at the front line of contemporary men’s wear fashion. His street style appeal, with a polished edge, places him among those who speak a universal style language.
Steal his style:
1. Have fun. Looking stylish does not have to be a pain. Don’t be afraid to try out colourful patchwork and relaxed suiting with loose silhouettes.
2. Invest in classics. Vans Old Skools are a good place to start for affordable, classic sneakers.
3. Be unconventional. Who said pearls are only for the ladies? Don’t limit yourself to a specific category of accessory. Rock some chunky rings and stacked bracelets to add interesting details to your look.
Ben Sherman 011 444 2270
Diesel 011 783 0882
Tommy Hilfiger 065 890 6394