WATCH | Make-up tutorial: How to get video call ready in a flash
When you’ve got limited time to go from just-woken-up to video-call-ready, it's handy to have an easy go-to beauty look to fall back on.
This effortlessly radiant make-up look can be achieved in six quick steps. Watch the Instagram tutorial below, then scroll down for expert tips and all the products used.
STEP 1: PREP
Always use a hydrating priming facial mist to create a glowy base and allow foundation to glide easily onto the skin.
- SwiitchBeauty #SuperHeroSpray Glass Skin Edition
STEP 2: SKIN
Try to keep coverage quite minimal and fresh by using a tinted moisturiser and a skin-matched concealer to cover dark circles and blemishes.
If you're in need of more coverage, use a liquid foundation with a luminous matte finish and gradually build coverage. Brighten the eye area by applying a concealer that is one to two lighter to the under-eye area.
- Chanel Ultra Le Teint Ultrawear All-Day Comfort Flawless Finish Foundation
- Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Concealer
STEP 3: BROWS
Use a medium dark brown matte eyeshadow or brow powder to fill in your brows rather than a pencil; this will create a more natural look.
If you are blessed with fuller brows, rather just brush through a tinted brow gel to neaten them.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette
STEP 4: EYES
Make your eyes pop by contouring them with a brown matte shadow applied into the crease with a blending brush. Then use a brown eye liner or brow pencil on the lower lash line.
Use a coloured eyeliner on the upper lash line as an effective way to add understated colour. This is also a great trick for people who wear glasses as it'll make your eyes stand out behind those frames.
Apply black eyeliner to the waterline, then mascara as the finishing touch.
- Sorbet Eye To Eye Eyeshadow Quad in Cocoa Crush
- Sorbet Browsability Brow Shaper + Highlighter
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Torch
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
- Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Noir
STEP 5: CHEEKS
Blush will prevent your skin from looking washed out on screen. Use a cream blush instead of a powder for a more seamless lit-from-within flush.
Next tap a cream highlighter on the high planes of the face and eyes to make your make-up look radiant and perfectly blended.
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks in Calypso Coral
- Chanel Baume Essentiel Multi-use Glow Stick in Golden Light
STEP 6: LIPS
Use a balmy matte lipstick, tinted balm or both in a neutral shade to create the illusion of your natural lip colour, but better.
- Chanel Rouge Allure Ink Fusion in Harmonie
- Luma Beauty Just A Touch Lip & Cheek Tint in Lady Luck