Dress like the stars: Lerato Kganyago and Cassper Nyovest
Lerato Kgayango and Cassper Nyovest are two local celebrities whose personal style we can learn a thing or two from. Here are a few items to steal from their wardrobes for a look that is sure to create a lasting impression:
Lerato Kgayango – Boundless
Looking closely at Kgayango’s outfits, it comes as no surprise she has named Rihanna and Victoria Beckham as her style icons. The two have a distinctive style that sets them apart from the crowd. Kgayango herself believes in thinking outside the box when it comes to style. Often spotted in a suit, Kgayango told Elle magazine South Africa she was comfortable with wearing suits as they made her feel powerful. We can’t deny she has been serving heat with those suited-up outfits.
Steal her style:
1. Set the tone. Be sure to shop for fashion items that speak for themselves i.e. invest in a classic power suit you can pull out of your wardrobe whenever you want to make a statement.
2. Don’t box yourself in. Being experimental with your clothes can help you determine what really works for you. So, if your wardrobe is predominantly black, shop for a bright pink item once in a while.
3. Finishing touches. Consider accessories the finishing touch to your outfits and be more mindful of how you would like to complete your everyday looks.
Cassper Nyovest – Street-cred certified
Nyovest’s style is reflective of the growing street-wear culture. From rocking neon sweaters to wearing Balenciaga Speed Lurex trainers, Nyovest selection of clothing places him in the forefront of the latest trends.
Steal his style:
1. Comfort is essential. Karl Lagerfeld once said, “Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants”. However Cassper Nyovest has us disagreeing with this legendary fashion voice. To pull off the same swag as Nyovest, invest in tone-on-tone sweaters in a variety of colours.
2. Prints. Wearing prints can be quite a challenge; however there is one sure-fire way to make it work. Just like Nyovest, only choose one print item to wear at a time. If you are wearing a printed trouser, pair it with a simple top.
3. Grooming. If you are planning on growing your beard, be sure to shop for a portable grooming kit. This will keep you on point wherever you go.
Calvin Klein 011 685 7057
Diesel 011 783 0882
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.