SABC spokesperson Neo Momodu leaves post after few months
The SABC has parted ways with its second spokesperson in less than a year.
This comes after Neo Momodu, who took over from Kaizer Kganyago about seven months ago, resigned from the public broadcaster with immediate effect on Friday.
Kganyago was “moved” to a new role in August last year in a move suspected to be a demotion at the time.
Momodu was both the SABC’s spokesperson and head of corporate affairs and marketing after the broadcaster took a decision to merge the two posts.
“After careful consideration, Momodu has decided to leave the SABC to pursue other interests. Both parties agreed to end the employment relationship amicably,” said the statement from the SABC.
The SABC Group Chief Executive Officer, Mr Madoda Mxakwe said, “We would like to thank Ms. Momodu for her contribution in heading up a critical division of the SABC”.
The public broadcaster announced that Vuyo Mthembu would immediately take over from Momodu as the spokesperson.
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.