Tips on surviving a road trip with young children
The holiday season is upon us when we will be hitting the road with our loved ones. Here are some tips for staying sane on the road if you are travelling with children.
Young mother and founder of LoveMilo, Nicki Ellis is the dynamic and creative force behind the proudly local bespoke homeware and décor studio, Love Milo that specialises in ceramic, wooden, glass and textile products. Ellis, who spends a lot of time in the outdoors and travelling with her young family of three, shares some seasoned advice on how to travel with kids.
- Prepare lots of snacks for your trips beforehand.
- Stock up on art supplies. I always bring a big box of paper, paints, crayons and colouring in books to keep the kids busy.
- Give the kids their own bags with games, books and things they need in the car
Take lots of breaks on road trips, as the kids get tired sitting for a long time.
- Stop for lunch or cold drinks when you can.
- iPads with headphones for car trips can be a lifesaver. Those headphones are important, so that you’re not stuck with blaring sound