In Moyane’s latest letter to Ramaphosa‚ he summarises his demands as follows:
- “The disciplinary enquiry must be convened as soon as possible‚ preferably within the next few days;
- “In line with the proposal of the ... president‚ the issue of the unfair procedure must be decided upfront by the chairperson of the enquiry;
- “Depending on the ruling or outcome‚ the employer must call its witnesses‚ including the president‚ who informed the commissioner that he had lost confidence in him based‚ inter alia‚ on grounds which have miraculously disappeared from the charge sheet‚ alternatively the enquiry may proceed in line with the ruling;
- “Thereafter‚ the commissioner will call his witnesses‚ followed by legal argument by both parties as to why he should or should not be urgently reinstated to his position‚ as the case may be;
- “Any other process subsequent thereto will obviously be dependent upon the outcome of the enquiry and the normal provisions of South African law”.
Ramaphosa has yet to respond to these demands.