Amplats to sell Bokoni Mine to African Rainbow Minerals

Amplats is selling Bokoni Mine to African Rainbow Minerals.
Amplats is selling Bokoni Mine to African Rainbow Minerals.
Image: Sowetan

Anglo American Platinum (Amplats), a unit of Anglo American , said on Monday it agreed to sell its Bokoni Mine in SA to African Rainbow Minerals Ltd for a cash consideration of R3.5 billion rand.

Amplats holds a 49% stake in the platinum mine which has been on care and maintenance since 2017, while its joint venture partner Atlatsa Resources Corporation holds the remaining 51% interest.

Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.

Speech Bubbles

Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.