Dress like the stars: Zendaya & Nasty C
Zendaya and Nasty C are rare talents. Their fashion sense has us spellbound and what makes them even more attractive is that young people can so easily relate to them.
And these guys have other elements to bring to the table, which can be seen in the way they carry themselves and the goals they have achieved, as well as in the way they express themselves through fashion.
Zendaya - Young and chic
Zendaya has taken us on a fashion journey throughout her acting gigs. She is young, fresh and a force to be reckoned with. Being 22 has never looked this good and she makes everything she wears look so damn good. Zendaya’s style is versatile and ever changing - if she not rocking an amazing classic look, chances are she will be seen wearing a chilled, more age-appropriate outfit.
Steal her style:
1. Hair. Whether you are wearing it tied up, in a bun, down, curly, straight or just afroed out, your hair doesn’t always have to be tidy and kept in place. Sometimes messy hair adds spunk to your look.
2. Try something new. Be fun and daring. Invest in some out-of-the-norm items you wouldn’t usually wear.
3. Relax. Chilled comes so easily to Zendaya, from suits paired with sneakers to high-waisted jeans with a plain tee for those down days.
Nasty C - Fun and fresh
The talented 21-year-old Durban-born rapper has taken the South African music world by storm. Apart from his great local and international collaborations, among his achievements is that he was the youngest recipient of a South African Hip Hop award in 2015. His style is fun and fresh, somewhat like the songs he drops. If it’s not bright, it’s prints, it’s different kinds of fabrics, it’s metallic, it’s easy, it’s chilled - but it’s undoubtedly all Nasty C.
Steal his style:
1. Experiment. Try prints on prints and do some mismatching of colours for your everyday attire.
2. Change is good. Never allow your clothes to make you feel in a rut or dull. Routine might be safe and comfortable but change is liberating and good for the soul, so change it up every now and then.
3. Keep it playful. Make sure your clothing is fun and fresh by acquiring items in rich, bright colours.
Mat & May: matandmay.co.za