Woman dies of poisoning

A PENSIONER who was mourning the death of a neighbour at Davhana village in Limpopo has died, and 50 others were hospitalised after suspected food poisoning.

It is alleged Magresa Leshivha, 60, drank home-brewed mageu while preparing for the funeral of a neighbour.

Leshivha's neighbour, Ndavheni Mudau, had died after bleeding profusely from suspected food poisoning.

Limpopo health spokesperson Roleta Lebelo said Leshivha died 500m from the clinic where the 50 others were treated.

X