Cope 'to sue the ANC'
COPE leaders in KwaZulu-Natal say the shooting on Saturday of one of their members and a tense stand-off with the ANC at the Glebelands Hostel has forced them to consider a lawsuit against the ANC.
They will also request President Jacob Zuma to intervene in the matter.
Cope spokesperson Phillip Mhlongo said: "A 32-year-old supporter and a known Cope campaigner was shot and wounded at the hostel. Then, when Cope supporters were ready to hold a meeting at the hostel, an armed mob of ANC supporters disrupted the meeting."
He said some of their members were fired at last week "and shot back in self-defence".