Top 10 most talked about celebs in Mzansi
Love them or hate them, they sure know how to get your attention..
- Vocal artist Dr Malinga’s has been making entertainment headlines everywhere with his dynamic kick dance moves. His dancing and singing skills offer entertainment to many. But what the fans love or hate most, is his dress sense. He is never afraid of putting together a crazy yet classic mismatched outfit.
- Bonang Matheba is South Africa’s young leading media girl. She may have made noise with her up and down relationship with Euphonik but she is still buzzing with success. She recently joined the Top Billing team and now a presenter on Mzansi Magic for the reality tv show Clash of the Choirs. Some talk about Bonang's success and how great she is doing, but some is not afraid to say that she is a wannabe and loves to put herself in everything to be noticed. Either way, Bonang has achieved success that most of us would just dream of.
- Musician Molemo "Jub Jub" Maarohanye is currently serving a 25 year jail sentence. He has been most talked about following the accident which claimed the lives of four school children during a drag race with a friend. The singer once had the media eating out of the palm of his hands with his music hits, but since the tragic accident, he had made talks about his relationship break up with singer Kelly Khumalo - and of course his jail term. Jub Jub has performed at the Johannesburg Medium C Prison during a prison graduation ceremony and now gives motivational talks to his inmates. Citypress.co.za had reported that he also has it soft inside the prison walls. Maarohanye, who was sentenced to 25 years in jail, is said to be in possession of two cellphone, with access to WhatsApp Messaging where he converses with his friend outside of prison. He is also being housed in the Medium C Max prison, where inmates occupy single cells, unlike others in the notoriously overcrowded prison systemm whilst performing inside and organising gigs.
- Tina and her estranged husband Prosper have made countless headlines with their relationship and drama around them. They have gone from being gunned down, to fighting and cheating on one another. They have really kept the media on their feet with their love drama.
- Julius Sello Malema former president of the African National Congress Youth League had made news from being expelled from the ANC, to landing 50 charges against him some which are for fraud, corruption, racketeering and money laundering. Meanwhile, Malema was seen at Mahoota’s alleged 50th birthday party at The Rock in Soweto last month, looking rather strange. He was sitting in the corner away from the spotlight and just watching the scene from afar. Hmm, not quite the Malema we're used to.
- Double amputee Olympian runner, Oscar Pistorious made worldwide headlines for the wrong reasons this year. Following the incident at his home on Valentine's day, for allegedly shooting dead his girlfriend and model Reeva Steenkamp. Since then, the world had been watching the storyline unravel on all media platforms throughout the weeks. He had been granted bail of R1million, and recently had his bail conditions eased after his appeal.
- Generations soapie star Sophie Ndaba. If it has anything to do with relationships with youngsters, dodgy estranged pastors, non formalized marriages and fighting payment issues with her employees, she makes headlines.
- Generations actress Zenande Mfenyana, who plays Noluntu on the soapie. Well, technically it's not Zenande that people hate, but her character Noluntu on Generations. Noluntu is vicious and bitchy, and trends on social media for her annoying evil character.
- MiCasa singer J'Something is a black boy trapped in a white man’s body. He stands out with his isiZulu lyrics that he sings perfectly. He is that sexy white guy that every girl loves. J'Something is also one of SowetanLIVE's Mzansi's Sexiest Top 12 calendar hotties for 2013.
- Songstress Lira, is making moves from being the girl next door to hitting international waves and moving on to perform in the United States at President Barack Obama’s inauguration. Go girl!