About Sunday World
Read about the Sunday World newspaper and website or contact us
Sunday World, published by Tiso Blackstar Group in Johannesburg, is a tabloid-format newspaper with an editorial focus that reflects the world of the young, aspirational black consumer – racy infotainment, celebrities, sport and gossip (Shwashwi), a lifestyle section and specialist pages about fashion, beauty, health, motoring and money.
The website carries all this and more without being old-fashioned or boring. It is also the home of uMgosi and the latest trending topics.
All online content is free to read, though readers need to register (quick and free) to comment on articles or subscribe to our range of email newsletters. (Already registered on BusinessLIVE or TimesLIVE? Sign in with the same details.)
The Sunday World website forms part of the SowetanLIVE website, which delivers content from the print edition of the Sowetan along with unique online-only content throughout the day, all week long.
What would you like to do?
- Contact the newsdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +27 11 280 5354.
- Write a letter to the newspaper: email email@example.com.
- Contact the website: Lebogang Boshomane on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +27 11 280 3732.
- Ask about a print subscription: View our FAQs page or contact Tel: 0860 123 600 or email@example.com.
- Submit a marketing query: Lorraine Mofokeng on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +27 11 340 9519.
- Report a technical problem: email email@example.com with as much detail as possible about the problem.
- Republish our material in print or online: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +27 11 280 3916.
Specific editorial contacts
- Editor: Abdul Milazi on Tel: +27 11 280 5122.
- Deputy editor: Amos Mananyetso on email@example.com or Tel: +27 11 340 9365.
- Entertainment/lifestyle editor: Somaya Stockenstroom on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +27 11 280 3676.
- Business/sport news: Xolile Mtshazo on email@example.com or Tel: +27 11 280 5317.
Advertise online or in print: email our sales team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retail advertising queries: Debbie Thompson on email@example.com or Tel: +27 11 340 9386.
- Agency advertising queries: Debbie Thompson on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +27 11 340 9386.
- Government advertising manager: Yusuf Patel on email@example.com or Tel: +27 11 280 3895.
- Direct and classified advertising: Tel: +27 11 280 3434/5/6.
- Digital advertising: Susie White on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +27 11 280 5059.
Tiso Blackstar Group BEE credentials
Tiso Blackstar Group (formerly Times Media) is the publisher and owner of the Sowetan, SowetanLIVE and Sunday World, among others. Blackstar Holdings Group is a Level 3 contributor to broad-based black economic empowerment on the generic scorecard set out by the Department of Trade and Industry.
Sunday World subscribes to the South African Press Code, which prescribes news that is truthful, accurate, fair and balanced. If we don’t live up to the code, please contact the press ombudsman:
Second floor, 7 St David’s Park, St David’s Place, Parktown, 2193
Tel: +27 11 484 3612