Read about the Sowetan and SowetanLIVE or contact us
SowetanLIVE, published by Tiso Blackstar Group in Johannesburg, is the website of the Sowetan, the English-language South African daily newspaper that started in 1981 as a liberation struggle publication and which serves a proudly South African readership who have earned the right to be in the know and on the move.
The website carries content from the print edition of the Sowetan along with unique online-only content throughout the day, all week long – general and political news; entertainment and celebrities; soccer and other sport; and much more. It is one of South Africa's largest online news publications, with more than 1.5-million readers per month who spend on average nearly five minutes on each article.
The website is also the home of the popular Mzansi’s Sexiest contest. Every year, our readers choose two celebrities as Mzansi’s Sexiest male and female. The top 12 celebrities are featured in our downloadable calendar.
All online content is free to read, though readers need to register (quick and free) to comment on articles or subscribe to our range of email newsletters. (Already registered on BusinessLIVE or TimesLIVE? Sign in with the same details.)
The SowetanLIVE website includes the Sunday World website, which delivers fresh celebrity news and gossip and other news all week long.
What would you like to do?
- Contact the newsdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +27 11 340 9648.
- Contact the website: Lebogang Boshomane on email@example.com or Tel: +27 11 280 3732.
- Ask about a print subscription: View our FAQs page or contact Tel: 0860 123 600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a marketing query: Lorraine Mofokeng on email@example.com or Tel: +27 11 340 9519.
- Report a technical problem: email firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail as possible about the problem.
- Republish our material in print or online: email@example.com or Tel: +27 11 280 3916.
Advertise online or in print: email our sales team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retail advertising queries: Debbie Thompson on email@example.com or Tel: +27 11 340 9386.
- Agency advertising queries: Debbie Thompson on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +27 11 340 9386.Government advertising manager: Yusuf Patel on email@example.com or Tel: +27 11 280 3895.
- Direct and classified advertising: Tel: +27 11 280 3434/5/6.
- Digital advertising: Susie White on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +27 11 280 5059.
Tiso Blackstar Group BEE credentials
Tiso Blackstar Group (formerly Times Media) is the publisher and owner of the Sowetan, SowetanLIVE and Sunday World, among others. Blackstar Holdings Group is a Level 3 contributor to broad-based black economic empowerment on the generic scorecard set out by the Department of Trade and Industry.
SowetanLIVE subscribes to the South African Press Code, which prescribes news that is truthful, accurate, fair and balanced. If we don’t live up to the code, please contact the press ombudsman:
Second floor, 7 St David’s Park, St David’s Place, Parktown, 2193
Tel: +27 11 484 3612