BOXING SA's acting chief executive Loyiso Mtya can succeed in his present role, but only if he learns from the mistakes of his predecessors.
Many licensees are unhappy about how their beloved sport is administered. Some have levelled serious allegations against him, accusing him of flagrantly disregarding Boxing SA's rules by allowing promoters Blacky Seoe and S'Phatho Handi to stage tournaments when they had not deposited purse monies.
The stipulated period is 14 days before events.
Seoe staged his tournament at Mangaung Indoor Centre, Free State on August 7, while Handi presented his at East London's Orient Theatre on Friday night.
Handi's tournament involved four female championship fights (as part of Women's Month celebrations) but his main bout was the WBF bantamweight fight in the men's section between champion Lubabalo Msuthu and Nicky Otieno.
Handi was in a similar purse controversy in November last year. Mtya shouldered the blame for allowing Handi's first tournament to go ahead when the purse had not been deposited.
On the most recent allegations, Mtya said: "For starters, Boxing SA, in association with the Eastern Cape government, paid for the eight female fighters because that is part of our programme.
"Secondly, S'Phatho's tournament was about Msuthu, Themba Joyi as well as other undercard fights and he paid for all that otherwise no tournament would have taken place."
Mtya said the allegations regarding Seoe's tournament were "a blue lie".
"There was a dispute between Boxing SA and Blacky in terms of what he should pay.
"We explained to him everything and he paid what was due. That is the reason his tournament went ahead," he said.
Boxing SA's chairperson, Peter Ngatane knew nothing about those allegations.
"There is nothing untoward, hence the chairman knows nothing, otherwise the office would have informed him," explained Mtya, who should look back over the history of Boxing SA before gazing ahead because the past is prophet of the future.