Tue Oct 25 05:07:04 CAT 2016
Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs Des Van Rooyen. Picture Credit: Gallo Images
Van Rooyen suddenly withdraws his interdict

In another twist involving the public protector’s office‚ the Minister of Co-operative Governance an.

10 things a woman should never say to a man

By Sowetanlive | Feb 20, 2014 | COMMENTS [ 62 ]

When it comes to relationships women are not so perfect either. Foot in mouth disease can strike at any minute with serious repercussions.

So to avoid such occurrences, here are a few tips:

Never tell a man:

1. “Man up”

You are basically calling him a sissy and no man wants to hear that. He is the head of the household traditionally, so emasculating him with such words will not earn you any points.

2. “We need to talk”

Sirens go off and panic buttons get pressed when men hear these words. For them, ‘we need to talk’ means ‘you are in deep k*k’. Just broach your issues in a normal conversation. It's easier that way.

3. “Anything about size”

If it didn’t matter to you, you wouldn’t bring up the subject. After all you know what they say: “It's not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean”

4. “Do I look fat in this?

Don’t ask this question unless you are ready for the brutally honest answer you will get. If you think you look fat in something, you probably do. So just choose another item of clothing instead of picking fights.

5. “Never mind. I’ll do it myself.”

So you ask him to do something and as usual he takes his sweet all time to get it done. Losing your temper is not the solution. Your man wants to feel needed. Ask him again and maybe add a little incentive to encourage him. Eg. “I’ll give you a back rub if you….”

6. “I can’t live without you”

Can you say ‘clingy’? A man wants a strong and independent woman by his side and saying such words in a new relationship will make a man run in the opposite direction.

7. “I’m not your mother”

Oh no you didn’t! Men love their mothers so saying anything bad about her will get you on his wrong side. So steer clear of the ‘m’ word.

8. “Nothing’s wrong”

Who are you trying to fool? Of course something is wrong, just tell him instead of playing mind games.

9. Your friend is so charming

Why are you looking at his friends like that? They are his friends and your relationship with them must just remain cordial.

10. I paid for it, it's my money

Yes, you earn more in the relationship and you buy most of the things in the house but why use that to make your man feel small? A relationship should be a partnership so discuss things with him even small purchases, don’t make him feel like a useless ‘rabaki’.

Also read: 10 things a man should never say to a woman

Source: eharmony.com

Really Sowetan? You now want to dictate what we may or may not say? I do like the fact that whomever wrote this was too chickenshit to sign their name to it. That is so typical - we'd probably find out that it is some bokkie who has never been in a relationship for more than a long weekend

Feb 20, 2014 11:15 | 2 replies

It was copied from somewhere, probably Listerverse.com, annoying

Feb 20, 2014 11:39 | 0 replies

LOVL. Calm down, you know Sowetan make things as they go along. My ex-girlfriends said all those things one way or another, it never bothered me, water off a duck's back

Feb 20, 2014 1:8 | 0 replies

1 thing a woman should never say to a man: I've smoked bigger zol than that (pointing at his member).

Feb 20, 2014 11:18 | 6 replies
Feb 20, 2014 11:19 | 0 replies

can't stop laughing at your comment man you have made my day

Feb 20, 2014 12:31 | 0 replies

I can't stop laughing at your comment man you have made my day

Feb 20, 2014 12:32 | 0 replies

LOVL- Writing from experience???

Feb 20, 2014 1:9 | 0 replies

kwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dead for weeks, u jst made my day a laughing one (But if its true???)

Feb 21, 2014 8:4 | 0 replies

LOL.... geez who are you dating dude... LOL.

Feb 21, 2014 10:14 | 0 replies

Don't see anything wrong with number 2.......... if we need to talk, we have to talk no ifs and buts about it

Feb 20, 2014 11:19 | 8 replies

@TheRealMsKinks: No Man. it feels like being subpoenaed. Why say it (We need to talk) instead of doing it?

Feb 20, 2014 11:29 | 0 replies

clearly you dont live on th edge, you dont have makhwapheni, or any funny business, becuase " we need to talk" means I know about your issues and we will be addressing them in a not so friendly discussion, , rather get on with the talking, why the meeting invite ?

Feb 20, 2014 11:42 | 0 replies

Thats the worst I fear from 'any' woman. The "we need to talk" scenario, lets any man know he's in deep sh!t, usually cannot be extricated from

Feb 20, 2014 1:46 | 0 replies

Magwala......... the tone will determine what will be said. I might say we need to talk (not necessarily you have done something wrong) but being concerned concerned about the number times "I get to smoke the zol" #hides#

Feb 20, 2014 2:4 | 0 replies

MsKinks- Hey, you know very well when a woman says "we need to talk" only means a man is in trouble, in my case when women said that, I just said "I'll just pack my bags.............." because nothing positive is going to come out of "we need to talk" scenario

Feb 20, 2014 2:13 | 0 replies

So would you prefer to talk in bed when your only thought is some bumping and grinding or would rather get it over and one with

Feb 20, 2014 2:39 | 0 replies

I dot see a problem with dat, unless he’s cheating or doing things behind your bck, No 2 helps me a lot, I remember one day my partner got drunk with his frnds n started smoking while he never smoke in his entire life and immediately “I SAID WE NEED TO TALK, my surprise he confessed and apologies for smoking n said he was drunk, and I did nt knw abt de incident, all I wanted was to talk abt other staff.

Feb 21, 2014 8:13 | 0 replies

Here's a nice response to what us women think about this article! http://rwrant.co.za/2-cents-10-things-woman-never-say-man/

Feb 21, 2014 10:50 | 0 replies

I dislike all of them but number one takes the cup , If I'm in a bad situation that affects our love life and lacking confidence during that time telling me to man up wont help in reviving my manly spirit in any way, Rather say you have enough trust in me to fix that situation.

Feb 20, 2014 11:24 | 0 replies

if i need to talk i do need to talk so i c nothing wrong with that. “I’m not your mother” of cos i aint youre mom buddy lol

Feb 20, 2014 11:25 | 0 replies

To me no2 yhoo whn i hear those words i jst go crazy,i hate those words

Feb 20, 2014 11:26 | 1 replies

you obvioulsy think abt all the wrongs you did and wonder which one she now knows about and what yoru explanation will be , all in just 2 seconds.

Feb 20, 2014 11:45 | 0 replies
Feb 20, 2014 11:32 | 0 replies

Tlogela go sasanka. O pharame. Wa nyokotla Mahlalela

Feb 20, 2014 11:36 | 0 replies

women have ability to rant unstoppable at some stage I just pretentd as if Im nt listening otherwise I will have gray hair before time

Feb 20, 2014 11:39 | 1 replies

By women, you mean, your chickens?? We all know your woman is your left hand (which you use to shake hands with your d!ck).

Feb 20, 2014 1:12 | 0 replies

lol wat if its true doe

Feb 20, 2014 11:40 | 0 replies

Women should learn to sh^t the fc^k up!! Always complaining bout sh^t all the time...why you dont call me like you used to...why you dont hold my hand in public anymore....whose that you talking to on the phone...we dont spend time like we used to anymore...why you drink so much...why you always with your friends on weekends...why is your phone on silent...why why why...? will you sh^t the fc^k up!!!

Feb 20, 2014 11:44 | 3 replies

Kwaaaaaaaks @DeCock111

Feb 20, 2014 11:52 | 0 replies

i feel you.. why are you taking a sh*t on the kitchen floor? why are you hitting me? who's bootycall 1? who's bootycall 2? why did you spend the the baby's papgeld on crack? and the most stupid of them all... who are you and what are doing in my house and why do you have a knife and a ski mask? nx..stupid sh*t

Feb 20, 2014 11:56 | 0 replies

Take the batteries out, let the air out and your 'girlfriend' will be silent again :)

Feb 20, 2014 1:18 | 0 replies