Thu Oct 27 02:57:44 SAST 2016
Former Wits SRC President Mcebo Dlamini. Picture Credit: Gallo Images
Dlamini ‘in facility where gays and police are placed’

Gauteng Community Safety MEC Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane on Tuessday reassured the public that student l.

10 things a man should never say to a woman

By Sowetanlive | Feb 20, 2014 | COMMENTS [ 57 ]

Dating can be hard, especially when you are getting know each other and trying hard not to offend one another.

For most women being sensitive towards others’ feelings comes naturally however the same can’t be said for men.

There are some things men should never say to their female partners. We’ve decided to share these things to help men avoid those ‘conversational land mines’.

1. "Are you really going to eat all that?"

Why would someone order a plate of food or dish up only to sit and stare at it? You cannot ask this without sounding like you are telling her that she is overweight and eats too much. Women already have enough issues about their weight and you adding your two cents worth won’t help the situation.

2. "B*tch"

Like Queen Latifah said: “Who you calling B*tch?!!” The literal mean of the word is a female dog, so unless you are into bestiality such a word should never be used to describe your female companion….or any other woman for that matter.

3. "My ex used to ... "

If your ex was so good why don’t you go back to her? The past should remain in the past; comparing your current partner to your ex is just asking for trouble. Ask your partner to try new things with you but never bring up your ex.

4. "You always do that"

Don’t keep a record of wrongs. When you have a problem deal with it then move on. Don’t keep reminding your partner of their past mistakes or bad habits.

5. "You sound just like your mother"

Most of the time telling your girlfriend/wife that she sounds like her mother means that you think she is an old nag and nobody wants to be told that. She is her own person and although she may share some values and beliefs with her mom, she has an independent identity.

6. "Yeah, she's hot"

7. "What's up with your hair?"

We all have bad hair days and believe me a woman knows when her hair looks terrible; she doesn’t need a reminder from you. Give her a day or two to sort it out, if she doesn’t then you must find another way to broach the subject.

8. "Relax"

So she’s shouting at you about something you forgot to do again or just venting the day’s frustrations? Don’t tell her to relax or just chill. If you are the source of her anger try listening and saying something like: "I can see how you would feel that way."

9. "Is this your time of the month?"

Even if it is, you're not to mention it. Your role is to pretend that her menstrual cycle has no effect on her mood. Also avoid asking that question everytime she gets annoyed or emotional, not everything is tied to the menstrual cycle.

10. "I love you"

Yes, every woman wants to know that she is loved but saying those words just to get out of trouble is a No, No. One should only say I love you when they mean it, not to diffuse a situation or get the ‘cookie’.

Now that you have those tips, dealing with women will be a bit easier.

ALSO READ: 10 things a woman should never say to a man

Source: Men's Life Today, Global

All 10 are things correct............ but I have a problem with number 6. You might be asking the question to know how sincere and truthful you partner is????? Rather be honest but at the same time compliment your partner. E.g. Yes Nthabiseng is beautiful but she is not………………. (fill in the blanks)

Feb 20, 2014 11:16 | 9 replies

If Nthibiseng is hot, Nthibiseng is ifs and buts, no censorship.

Feb 20, 2014 11:42 | 0 replies

Nthabiseng is beautiful but she is mentally disturbed

Feb 20, 2014 11:45 | 0 replies

Nthabiseng is beautiful but she is not going to accept my proposal.

Feb 20, 2014 11:52 | 0 replies

Nthabiseng is beautiful but you are beautifull on the inside, then i will wait for her to dump me so i can have Nthabiseng!!!

Feb 20, 2014 12:0 | 0 replies

Hawu Gebuza!!! Hamba kuNthabiseng ke. LoL

Feb 20, 2014 12:30 | 0 replies

"Nthabiseng may be hot, but incomparison to you, she doesn't know the first thing on how to give a proper BJ."

Feb 20, 2014 1:31 | 0 replies

......................a lesbian???

Feb 20, 2014 1:41 | 0 replies

Gebuza, uzodla uNthabiseng

Feb 20, 2014 2:12 | 0 replies

hahahaha OMG u guys are killing me #InStitches

Feb 21, 2014 9:42 | 0 replies

On point, i like i like........................

Feb 20, 2014 11:29 | 0 replies

Ruri ruri now? #7 hahahahahaha some men dont know pay that much attention when others is somehow the first thing they notice

Feb 20, 2014 11:35 | 10 replies

Dumela Mellow...

Feb 20, 2014 12:16 | 0 replies

KGS Helllooooooo dear o kae fela mara?

Feb 20, 2014 12:51 | 0 replies

I'm good nothing much dear

Feb 20, 2014 1:5 | 0 replies

So from the top list whats your fav. line?

Feb 20, 2014 1:9 | 0 replies

Number 1 got me into trouble one day a long time ago. She ordered at Spur I can't remember what and I was surprised she finished her dish and she turned it on me and said I'm I implying that she eats too much ai some women

Feb 20, 2014 1:20 | 0 replies

Hahahahahahaha but you really implied it mos ai some men lolz

Feb 20, 2014 1:28 | 0 replies

It looked too much for her, or maybe she was very hungry LOL.

Feb 20, 2014 1:30 | 0 replies

The one thing I would never do is call a woman with the "B" word that's not right at all

Feb 20, 2014 1:34 | 0 replies

Did you expect her to eat 5 lettuce leaves and 10 slices of cucumber kganthe? Maybe she just have a very healthy appetite or yes was very hungry but never do that again its not soo ayoba hahaha

Feb 20, 2014 1:37 | 0 replies

Women are very strange, you get mad when I say something about your unhealthy eating habits the turn and ask us it my ass huge what do you expect us to say.

Feb 20, 2014 1:53 | 0 replies

Point no: 8, it's my favourate cant do without, beside when she seems to be going on and on about the same thing, what a man to do. if you keep quiet she says that you're ignoring her. Can someone get me a woman's hand book manual, please!!! ****

Feb 20, 2014 11:38 | 0 replies

Nthabiseng is beautiful but she is mentally disturbed

Feb 20, 2014 11:39 | 0 replies

Nthabiseng is beautiful but not sexy as you....

Feb 20, 2014 11:43 | 0 replies

no 3 , i always use it as an exit strategy,

Feb 20, 2014 11:45 | 1 replies

LOVL geez man thanks for the tip!!! brilliant

Feb 20, 2014 2:7 | 0 replies

1 thing to never say or do to a girl: NEVER ADMIT TO SH^T!!! EVEN IF SHE CATCHES YOU WITH YOUR PANTS DOWN...NEVER ADMIT TO SH^T.............yesss I said it....

Feb 20, 2014 11:50 | 1 replies

certainly agree with you there , one stage I tried to claim to be so called modern man, I regret that day , my advice deny and deny

Feb 20, 2014 1:46 | 0 replies

Point is that there is nothing you can do to satisfy a woman, you do something they complain, you decide not to do anything they still complain. I am sorry Sowetan your advices dont always work

Feb 20, 2014 11:57 | 0 replies

no 2. give him a hot klap and a knee bump to his nuts no.3 thats a bore whether its something good or bad .

Feb 20, 2014 11:59 | 0 replies

6. "Yeah, she's hot" So she asks you a question like: ‘Do you think Nthabiseng is hot?’….don’t fall for it, it’s a trap and answering "Yeah, she's hot" could mean nights on the couch for you. Don’t say we didn’t warn you ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Nothing wrong here. A question is being posed to me I ans it with honesty and I'm being subjected to sleeping on the couch for that? If she does that I'll go hunt Nthabiseng!

Feb 20, 2014 11:59 | 0 replies