Fri Jul 25 07:17:20 SAST 2014
SA men having less sex: Survey

South African men are having far less sex than their counterparts around the world, according to a s.

'Why men are scared of me'

By Edward Tsumele | Feb 07, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 581 ]

"How I express love" - Beauty queen joins popular soapie Muvhango, chats to Sowetan about her life

FORMER Miss Teen SA Phuti Khomo believes men find her intimidating.

The beauty has joined the cast of popular soapie Muvhango.

Khomo, who won Miss Teen South Africa in 2002, spoke to Sowetan in between television shoots for the soapie.

She started shooting for her Muvhango role only last week, playing the part of a wife to one of the major characters in the soapie.

According to a source close to the production, who did not want their name revealed, Khomo's role is set to grow in stature. Khomo also gave Sowetan a peep into her love life.

"Well, I am not married and I am not even thinking about it. The subject has not crossed my mind yet because I am very preoccupied," she says.

"But also I think black guys find me intimidating. They are not used to someone who knows what they want when it comes to love.

"Example, if I am watching a movie with my partner I want to bite your ear, and it overwhelms our brothers, as they are not used to that. I am actually crazy when it comes to my expression of love."

But is she in a relationship?

"Hmmm ... okay. I have someone I am seeing right now. I think he is getting used to the fact that this girl is like this when it comes to my extrovert and crazy expression of love.

"As for marriage, no.

"Maybe it will happen soon. I just do not know," she said.

Khomo is one of a very few crop of former Miss Teens, who have made a success of themselves after winning the title, having been an actress on such shows as Egoli, Generations, Muthinzi.com, Rhythm City and a presenter on SABC1.

She is also used by Capitec Bank in their advertisements and recently completed shooting an advert for loans.

"I have also been on YFM as a presenter for close to three years. I have been successful because when I won the Miss Teen title I had a plan that I followed through, leading me to the kind of success that I am enjoying currently," said Khomo.

"Others were easily influenced and put off their plans because as Miss Teen there is so much happening in your life and people keep on telling you, you do this or that.

"That sometimes takes you off track.

"With me, I know when to take on a job, and when to leave - especially if the profile of that job does not fit."

@MisOrangeFarm
@ Korea.....
I prefere my men White and handsome thank you.Valentines is coming and guess what My white man is going to bring me flowers at work and kiss me- ( how romantic ).Wena i bet you will dissapear untill valentine season is over....ol coz u think u too special to treat ur woman decently
Im done with Black men.
_________________
You mean a black man cannt afford flowers or doesnt know how to kiss??

Feb 07, 2012 1:9 | 0 replies

Korea,

Dzel I love stalkers actually they give me this rush. When I think stalkers I imagine whips, handcufs, being made to bend over
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LOL ... those are sex freaks man, not stalkers ... i once decided to meet this complete stranger because at the time I was getting a lot of calls from people I don’t know. Big mistake that turned out to be; first she would not take rejection lightly, I got sworn at, told I think I’m all that and that I think the sun set in my ...

Just imagine, she called me, I agreed to meet mainly to find out where she got my numbers from and she turned all psycho on me. Promptly changed my numbers and went underground but soon the calls started coming again, one woman even told me she got my numbers from Lonely Hearts in the Daily Sun or some ish like that, hunted down the copy and there was nothing there. It’s not fun when you are supposed to be banging people you’ve never met before, can get you into trouble. I’ve had my share of loonies, no thank you.

Feb 07, 2012 1:28 | 0 replies

Who told her that she is hot and intimidating? I mean any guy angamungena

Feb 07, 2012 1:30 | 0 replies

JQ,
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm too aware of other people's emotions and it is difficult to hurt someone and face them. I remember with my varsity sweetheart it took a love bite to get me off the hook, I didn't plan for it but it did the trick. Call me a coward but I've always found it difficult to call it quits.

Feb 07, 2012 1:32 | 0 replies

Korea,

lol you weird.

Feb 07, 2012 1:32 | 0 replies

MORNACHIES
sh!tFaceSamsung
MORNACHIES
@Sowetan ,
Ke a leboga for second chance and i promise to behave at all times .Mara marete
a editor ya lena hle !!
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

editor in charge ryt now as we speak its a women: setlaela ke wena
u r type of man who turns women to be gay.
_________________________________________________________________________
If thats the case ......marete a gago wena moerrr shi.t !!!
*************************************************************8

i want tis peace of sh!t dead or alive : whoever sees him give me a shout: ke bahla go mofagola marete a go tsekama

Feb 07, 2012 1:33 | 0 replies

Uncompromising
Phuti is Julius's younger sister.
__________________________________________________
Hey wena semaumau o se ka tla ka bosepa moerrr nxa !

Feb 07, 2012 1:33 | 0 replies

@McLoving
@Matbolapasa

Mcloving if ka nnete o jola ngwana wa lekgowa ole an ordinary guy from kassie ahh mfana o ntja ka o tshaba... Okare kea o bona o motshwere ka letsogo o ehla taxi ko kassie...all darkis eyes on you... kea o respecta

Feb 07, 2012 1:33 | 0 replies

@Dzel
Just practice, if you have a sister she could help. Women are very eloquent when it comes to dumping someone. They never leave you hanging unless they want something from you.

Feb 07, 2012 1:35 | 0 replies

Jaja'sQueen
@Dzel
It's the game of love my brother, not for the faint hearted. If you decide to be out there, you'd better have the heart of steel. Ignoring someone can send mixed messages as well. I prefer a guy to dump me and tell me he is done so I can move on.
................................................................................................
@Jaja'sQueen,
oh, really! i think you are losing it from now. why dont you just move on the minute you notice you are/have been dumped? or are hoping for him to come rephrase? damN!

Feb 07, 2012 1:36 | 0 replies

If I try to recall not long ago this ugly girl's BEE boyfriend took away his Merc and she was Johnie Walker. And her mother gave her a very old Sentra to drive.

@misorangefarm
I know girls like you, full of drama, and it is always about them. They want to be spoiled and treated like Queens etc but not i a single day she can b*uy the boyfriend a chappies that worth 10c let alone a taking him out.

Feb 07, 2012 1:36 | 0 replies