Fri Oct 21 20:44:28 SAST 2016

Why Pitso is upbeat

By Mazola Molefe | Aug 26, 2014 | COMMENTS [ 19 ]

PITSO Mosimane said yesterday that he was still fine-tuning what he believes will be a championship side in the domestic league and on the continent.

The Mamelodi Sundowns coach shrugged off the fact that he had collected one point from two winnable games before beating Moroka Swallows, ahead of hosting MTN8 finalists Orlando Pirates tomorrow night.

The Buccaneers marched to a fifth consecutive cup final at the weekend, and this is what has Mosimane on edge, although he backs his men to finally humble Pirates at Loftus (7.30pm kickoff).

The Brazilians were defeated there in February during a crucial stage of last season, but bounced back to claim the Absa Premiership title three months later.

The average start to this campaign - a draw against Maritzburg United, a loss to Ajax Cape Town and a win against Swallows - has seen Mosimane chop and change his lineup to try find the winning formula. Will he stick to the same combination against Pirates?

"I don't look at whether you scored in the last game or not. I look at whether the lineup will suit us for a particular game," Mosimane said. "We have enough players to use at any time and sometimes I am going to make changes and people will be asking themselves how I came to that decision and where is the consistency.

"I will change this team until it's settled. And you have to understand that I have players that have been brought in and I must justify why those players have been brought in. I must give them a chance to play and sometimes it is at the expense of the flow of the team."

Bucs coach Vladimir Vermezovic will almost certainly stick with the same starting 11, having made one change in the club's six league and cup matches so far this season.

Mosimane said it would make sense if Sundowns faced the same side that is buzzing from reaching yet another cup final.

"That formation has given them wins in the cup and I know why VV has stuck to that team - he has a record. They are scoring goals. They have just beaten Wits 5-1 [in the MTN8 on aggregate], and no one can argue that they are not a good team," he said.

"In the league I can say Pirates are not settled, with only two points from three games. Maybe I have an advantage."

One must die, one Coach will be facing an Axe soon

Aug 26, 2014 7:27 | 2 replies

one will fall indeed, as for the coaches, only one's job is beeing questioned, VV is very safe my brada

Aug 26, 2014 7:51 | 0 replies

He is arrogant again because Motsepe showed his support

Aug 26, 2014 9:20 | 0 replies

If Pitso truly believes that Ntuli has been selected purely on his perfomances for Sundowns, then he is dumber than I thought he was. The boy has not featured that much in official games this season. Shakes knows the boy from Golden Arrows, he knows what he is capable of. Even if he was playing for Celtic, he would have been selected. Mashaba's selection has always been fair and is unfazed about big team's players. Remember the likes of Thiyekile "Ace" Gulwa, Abram "Wire" Nteo, Ashley Makhanya etc? They were the core players of his AmaGlug-Glug team. Wits is not a big team but he has selected no fewer than 3 players in his current squad.

Aug 26, 2014 7:51 | 0 replies

Pls ignore above comment. Wrong article

Aug 26, 2014 7:52 | 0 replies

Aug 26, 2014 8:35 | 0 replies

You might think that you have an advantage Pitsi...One i know for a fact is that i always humble you on Loftus and sent you back to Denneboom with no points!!Run your mouth all you want!!

Aug 26, 2014 9:42 | 0 replies

I rather watch Isibaya than watching these two pathetic sides.

Aug 26, 2014 11:32 | 2 replies

sdakwa like attention don't you?

Aug 26, 2014 12:9 | 0 replies

You have to Admit Khaphela, you really love this team, Ezimnyama ngenkani

Aug 26, 2014 12:16 | 0 replies

For me as a MIGHTY BUCS supporter, this is a game I always look forward to because of the kind of football that gets dished out by both teams. May the best team win. UP THE MIGHTY BUCS

Aug 26, 2014 12:11 | 0 replies

This is going to be a thriller, Pirates vs Downs is always an inspirational game to teams like Zebras. please take notes tommorow, you will need them for your next game Mapholoba my man. Erasmus and Majoro will continue from where they ended on Saterday............NOT EVEN THE SKY IS THE LIMIT, BUCS IS THE LIMIT.

Aug 26, 2014 12:19 | 0 replies

Mr YadaYada

Aug 26, 2014 12:25 | 0 replies

I forsee Pitso opening up his defence by allowing the Dutchman to go up front to try to score or create possibilities for an equaliser, thereby giving the MAJOR a chance to come up with a killer UP THE MIGHTY SEA ROBBERS

Aug 26, 2014 12:33 | 0 replies

It will be really nice to see both teams playing again, as my fellow DTC's have indicated,it will be an electrifying encounter to test once again the players' characters....and both teams always produce good football. As always we will be looking the contest in the middle of the park from both sides, and that's the department where I think we have an upper hand, and we will rely from such supply to ensure that the striking department takes the game on the road...! The team that takes its chances will have something to write home...!

Aug 26, 2014 1:12 | 1 replies

Ngwana mme man, ho jwang moo kgabane? hao DTC ya ka banna. o re lahletseng na?

Aug 26, 2014 1:18 | 1 replies

@Nzwere....hela mshana, ke ntse ke le teng ngwana monna, ke feela nako mshana.O ska tshoha ke tla bateng ka kotloloho.....This evening we will examine Downs if they still have that strength, and I expect a tough encounter, and they will want to proof a point, and I think I am content about our engine room,with Sarr and Manyisa marshalling the centre, I think our striking force will have more answers....Ka dinako tsohle, re tla dula re thabile....ONCE and ALWAYS

Aug 26, 2014 1:45 | 0 replies