Sat Oct 25 23:09:48 SAST 2014
'Big Brother' snoozers should be losers

JUST how do Mozambican Trezagah, Zambian Macky2, Malawian Mr 265 and Zimbabwean Butterphly survive i.

Caster out to prove her worth to the world again

By Genevieve Kgafe | Feb 26, 2013 | COMMENTS [ 37 ]

Middle-distance runner Caster Semenya who first wowed the world after winning 800m race at the world championships in Berlin 2009, is out to prove her worth to the world again, as she prepares for the 14th IAAF World Championships to be held in Moscow, Russia.

In an exclusive interview with Sowetanlive yesterday (26/02),  Caster highlighted her enthusiasm ahead of the championships. Caster said: “As a 800m runner the most important thing is speed and that’s what my coach (Maria Mutola) and I have been really working on”.

This comes after she had to settle for a silver medal at the 2012 Olympic Games in London. “I will be focusing only on the 800m event; not more or less as many thought” Caster added.

Asked what South Africa must expect of her at the championships, Caster said “Just like the Orlando Pirates and Maluti FET College match, that score (4-1 in favour of Maluti) was unpredictable. So that goes to show that you never know the strength of your opponent. Anything can happen but I am working towards winning”.

Caster, having overcome scrutiny in the sporting arena alongside 'Blade Runner' Oscar Pistorius for their exceptional speed on the track; poured out words of support for the fellow athlete Pistorius.

“People can assume all they can, Oscar is innocent until proven guilty. I mean Oscar is a professional, he just has to be strong and avoid all rumours, especially those on social networks. I am sure he’ll bounce back.” Caster concluded.

Rumour had it that Caster Semenya was pregnant. She openly dismissed this allegation.

“I heard of that, I am not fazed by such allegations, like I said I am focused on the championships, people can say what they want”.

Feb 27, 2013 7:25 | 0 replies

Good luck Caster pregnant or not its your life life it as you see fit, trust that you are still continuing with your studies cause if all else fails you then have something to fall back on.

Feb 27, 2013 11:47 | 0 replies

preggers?? well it's her choice.

Feb 27, 2013 11:55 | 0 replies

So she is suspected to be pregnant. The eggs have ruptured.

Feb 27, 2013 12:36 | 0 replies

Eh kanti uyajola, kanti what happened to gender "what what""?

Feb 27, 2013 12:38 | 0 replies

Atta boy Caster!!!

Feb 27, 2013 1:3 | 0 replies

missexy
Eh kanti uyajola, kanti what happened to gender "what what""?
>>>>

She also needs to be loved....we all do!

Feb 27, 2013 1:9 | 0 replies

@missexy
Eh kanti uyajola, kanti what happened to gender "what what""?
-----------------------
transgender ppl have fully functional sex lives and can have normal relations, the only difference btwn them and others is the gender classification (biologically), and I haven't heard of a pregnant 'transgender' if Caster is pregnant this would be the first, but I wish her good luck with her studies and her career.

Feb 27, 2013 1:12 | 0 replies

go en get what it belongs to you caster. i wil be next to you gal to pick up u when u want to follow. let them talk coz they are born to talk about ppl's business insteat of minding there own business.

Feb 27, 2013 1:42 | 0 replies

She is an AMAZING woman and athlete!!!

Feb 27, 2013 2:35 | 0 replies

Flemza, then the majority of Africa is "un-African" for having babies out of wedlock. Seriously though, it's each person's own business when and how they want to have children. It's not for you to say what is African and what is not. You really think back in the day, the real African day, people were having weddings before having babies?

Feb 27, 2013 2:39 | 0 replies