Thu Sep 18 01:36:57 SAST 2014
5 things you should know about this week

It's very difficult to keep track of news amongst hundreds of headlines a day. So we will pick out t.

Ntini to guide sevens for Chiefs

By Ramatsiyi Moholoa | Dec 11, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 121 ]

KAIZER Chiefs have appointed cricketer Makhaya Ntini to manage their sevens rugby team for a tournament in George in the Western Cape on Friday and Saturday.

They will play in the NBM Rugby Sevens Premier League with Springboks Gcobani Bobo as coach and Breyton Paulse as skipper.

The other members of the team include Jongi Nokwe, Friedrich Lombard, Wandile Mjekevu, Cameron Jacobs, Wilhelm Koch, Junior Bester and Shuaib Samaai.

Kenyan youngster Daniel Adongo is also in the team.

The rest of the side will comprise Bulls and Lions players.

Sevens is a format where teams field seven players instead of the usual 15.

First prize is R1-million.

@ Shredder

I don't understand your Venda vernac..

Dec 11, 2012 10:11 | 0 replies

Paggos????where are you my Zebra friend??are you being denied internet access at work??

Dec 11, 2012 10:46 | 0 replies

letwadi
@Ponko.Fontoyo, do you have problem comprehending simple english? meaning that I wish you could die in a plain crash, while going home for Xmas, was that so hard to fathom? don't start with me I'm very xenophobic.

Jou Moer you bloody agent,im not gonna die,im coming back.

Dec 11, 2012 10:46 | 0 replies

Click-Baby
@ Ponko.Fontoyo

I would suggest you invest in Huggies and shove them inside your mouth, because it's dripping too much k@k.

As fokol

Dec 11, 2012 10:47 | 0 replies

@ All Khosilicious

I think we have entertained these Rodants for the day. The 8th have come and gone and we r still on top and listen to this ''UNTIL AFCON COME AND GOES''. LOL

Sharp my fellow khosi. 2012 is ours nomakanjani.

To Rodants, keep digging and wishing u will get platinum ya marikana ko soweto.lol

Dec 11, 2012 10:47 | 0 replies

@Nzwere, we realized that chasing that star wasn't doing us any good hence, we decided to let go and let the small teams to trip over themselves trying to win the star. Are you sure that Phil Setshedi has got nothing to do with the star, just asking?

Dec 11, 2012 10:51 | 0 replies

Bucs or Amakhoz, whoever wins, its always a good game.

You guys are taking the rivalry too far here.

Dec 11, 2012 10:55 | 0 replies

letwadi
==================================
I am positive he had nothing to do with it my friend, but Jerry Sikosana had everything to do with it....

Dec 11, 2012 10:59 | 0 replies

@!#Sinudeity#! - Did anyone else notice the amount of wings playing for the Chiefs 7's team. Some of the fastest players (at some stage) in South Africa playing here. Good pick.
======================================================================
You mean they are adopting what the soccer team is doing? They also attack on the wings with their pacey players :-D My white colleague also told me the same thing about those wingers and he said Chiefs have a good team.

Dec 11, 2012 11:3 | 0 replies

Shredder - Yeah, I will be backing Chiefs the weekend.

Unfortunately the article doesnt list the other players from the Lions and the Bulls. Would have liked to know which players were picked.

Dec 11, 2012 11:7 | 0 replies

Guys this is too good not to share, it's titled Chiefs ladies v/s Pirates ladies. If interested too see what I'm talking about, drop me your emails and i'll despatch.

Dec 11, 2012 11:9 | 0 replies