The new public protector says she will leave the dispute over the state capture report prepared by h.
RIO DE JANEIRO - There was no place for Ronaldinho or Adriano in Brazil coach Dunga's 23-man squad for the World Cup, which was announced on Tuesday, though Ronaldinho still has a slight hope after he was named among the seven reserves.
Both players have fallen out of favour during Dunga's reign and were not expected to be selected for the June 11 to July 11 tournament.
The 30-year-old Ronaldinho, part of the 2002 World Cup-winning team, made his last appearance for Brazil in April 2009. Adriano had been a regular in Dunga's recent squads until concerns over his fitness surfaced.
"We did all we could to get him (Adriano) to full fitness, but in the end we had to make a decision," Dunga said.
Ronaldinho's AC Milan teammate Alexandre Pato was also overlooked, with Wolfsburg striker Grafite taking the fourth forward berth alongside Robinho, Luis Fabiano and Nilmar.
"The players who I have called up enjoy my complete confidence," said Dunga, who is seeking to emulate Franz Beckenbauer and Mario Zagallo in winning the World Cup as a player and a coach.
"Unfortunately I was only able to select 23 players. I judged them on their commitment, attitude and the ability of the players to assume responsibility and at the same time inject passion into their performances."
Brazil, five-time World Cup winners, have been drawn in Group G with Ivory Coast, Portugal and North Korea. - Sapa-AFP