ETHEKWINI municipality has launched an investigation into the cause of the structural collapse at a popular Umlazi nightspot in V section.
eThekwini's development planning, environment and management unit head Soobs Moonsammy said they had launched an investigation into "the structural integrity" of the Max Lifestyle Club.
On Saturday night 30 people had to be rushed to hospital after revellers were plunged into a two-metre ditch under the deck.
It is believed the combined weight of hundreds of partygoers caused the wooden deck to give way and cave in.
Captain Thulani Zwane said the police were not investigating the matter since no case had been opened.
Yesterday department of health spokesperson Chris Maxon said of the 25 injured people who were admitted to Prince Mshiyeni Hospital, 23 had been discharged.