Open letter to South Africa’s students‚ universities and government‚ represented by Minister in the .
MILAN - Flavio Briatore is devastated by his life ban from Formula One for his role in a race-fixing scandal and may take legal action against motor sport's governing body, Italian media reported yesterday.
The flamboyant former Renault team boss was handed the sentence by the International Automobile Federation (FIA) on Monday for fixing last year's Singapore Grand Prix by ordering Nelson Piquet to crash.
"I am distraught," the 59-year-old Italian told Gazzetta dello Sport.
Reports said he was planning legal action against the FIA in Paris courts to try to prove his innocence and win compensation for the damage to his image.
Briatore left Renault last week with engineering head Pat Symonds, who was banned for five years on Monday.
Former world champions Renault did not contest the accusations and were handed a permanent ban suspended until the end of the 2011 season. - Reuters