In another twist involving the public protector’s office‚ the Minister of Co-operative Governance an.
A SLOVOVILLE, Soweto, family is not only mourning the death of their 14-month-old twins, but they are also wondering where they will find money to bury them.
Masego and Lesego Leholi died last Friday when their shack caught fire after their mother had left them unattended and with a two-plate stove on.
She had gone to fetch a blanket from her mother's house - a 20-minutes' walk away.
Mabel Mdiniso, an eyewitness, said: "When we removed the twins after storming into the burning shack, we discovered that one of them was still alive. We rushed her to Leratong Hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival. The other twin was burnt beyond recognition."
Police suspect that a blanket might have caught fire while the kids were crawling on the bed.
Though neighbours described their mother Ntombizodwa as a diligent and loving mother who always took care of her children, a relative, George Mncube, blamed the grieving mom for the tragedy.
"She was careless to leave the stove on. She just went out although there were other people in the yard . She could have told them to look out for the kids," said Mncube.
The twins' parents are both unemployed.
l Readers who want to make donations may call the twins' father Nhlanhla Moagi on 084-750-6031 or their grandmother Johanna Leholi at 083-974-1950.
They will be buried tomorrow.