The African National Congress is starting its “dispute resolution process” in a bid to address the a.
The family of a 17-year-old pupil who was allegedly raped by her teacher is outraged that their daughter's "attacker" has returned to her school.
The teacher was granted R1200 bail last week in the Temba magistrate's court.
The case was postponed to next month for further investigations.
The victim, who spoke to Sowetan, asked: "Is this justice? I am forced to come face to face with my attacker as if nothing happened.
"I'm very disappointed with the court's latest decision but hope he will eventually be sentenced," she said.
Yesterday provincial education department spokesperson Jasper Zwane confirmed that the teacher had returned to Sele Secondary.
He said that if his presence did not in anyway jeopardise the investigations or he did not intimidate the victim "he could continue to teach".
"We have received the report on this matter and are instituting internal disciplinary processes as a matter of urgency," said Zwane.
"At the same time we will put the necessary systems in place to support the victim, including counselling."
The teacher was arrested on February 14.
The school is situated in Kameelpoort in the KwaMhlanga area of Mpumalanga.
Police claim that the teacher had asked his victim in an SMS to spend some "quality time" together on February 14 and that she went with him.
The alleged victim lives about 10km from the teacher's village of Nokaneng.
"The accused drove to the victim's place but later, when she wanted to go home, he took her to his own house.
"The victim claims he raped her there," said police spokesperson Constable Hastings Chaane.