Sun Oct 23 20:15:14 CAT 2016
Plea for a 72-hour break from Fees Must Fall

Open letter to South Africa’s students‚ universities and government‚ represented by Minister in the .

MK cadres for reburial back home

By unknown | Apr 25, 2008 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

Michael Tlhakudi

Michael Tlhakudi

The remains of 15 members of Umkhonto we Sizwe, who were killed by apartheid forces in the 1980s in two Maseru massacres and buried in Lesotho, will be exhumed for reburial in South Africa in July.

This announcement was made by the ANC's Free State office in Bloemfontein yesterday.

Provincial executive committee member Playfair Morule said the ANC had called on the families of the 15 former MK members to make themselves available to help with the reburial process.

Morule said the ANC had already held discussions with the South African high commissioner in Lesotho, Happy Mahlangu, and had begun the process of identifying the graves of "the fallen heroes and heroines".

Those buried in Maseru were Leon Meyer, Gene Seroto, David Sibusiso Khuzwayo, Zwelinda Qova, Sipho Mchunu, Zwelithini Dyani Lezethile, Mzwanele Fazie, Pule Marks Mvula, Sipho Motana, Maria Lepota, Samson Kana, Jobo Titus, Cecil Phakamisa, and David Sello.

Former guerrillas from other military wings of the PAC and Azapo still have to be exhumed for reburial in South Africa.

They have been identified as Rex Mkhethi, Assius Barnabas, Boniswa Nqcuka and Siyabulelwa Twabu.


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT