A three-month-old baby burnt to death while under the care of her five-year-old brother in Soshanguve, Pretoria, police said yesterday.
Police spokesman Paul Ramaloko said a 30-year-old woman left the baby with her brother on Wednesday when she went out to buy electricity.
When she returned, the shack was on fire. "When the fire started, the five-year-old boy ran outside, leaving the toddler behind," Ramaloko said.
Ramaloko said police had by yesterday not established the cause of the fire. - Sapa