Jacob Zuma is taking his time preparing his response to a report accusing him of wanting to overthrow the South African government, his lawyer said yesterday.
"Zuma's legal team is still giving the matter consideration and consulting because of the gravity of the report's contents," said Zuma's lawyer, Michael Hulley.
Earlier Hulley had promised to present his client's comments on the "Special Browse 'Mole' Consolidated Report" yesterday.
However, Hulley later said he would only be able to indicate next week when Zuma would respond.
The Browse Report, which became public earlier this year, alleged a range of people, including Zuma, were planning to overthrow the government.
The report included allegations that Zuma was being bankrolled by Libyan and Angolan leaders to oust President Thabo Mbeki.
On Tuesday, Cosatu called for the parliamentary portfolio committee on intelligence to probe the report.
Cosatu said they doubted the "objectivity" of the National Intelligence Agency and the National Prosecuting Authority to do so.
The director-general in the presidency, Frank Chikane, said those behind the report were predominantly members of the current intelligence services who had once been part of the apartheid government's secret services.
He said they included members of the former apartheid police special branch, military intelligence and national intelligence service.
Chikane said people who had "relations or associations" with these services were also involved.
Hulley could not say whether his client would add his voice to calls for a parliamentary portfolio committee investigation into the report. - Sapa