Sun Oct 23 11:53:55 SAST 2016
Mcebo Dlamini appears in court. Picture Credit: Julia Madibogo
#FeesMustFall leader Mcebo Dlamini denied bail

Controversial former University of the Witwatersrand SRC president Mcebo Dlamini was denied bail in .

Milan say star is going nowhere

By unknown | Jul 04, 2007 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

MILAN - Kaka will not be leaving AC Milan for Real Madrid, according to Milan vice president Adriano Galliani.

MILAN - Kaka will not be leaving AC Milan for Real Madrid, according to Milan vice president Adriano Galliani.

"Kaka is staying in Milan with absolute certainty," Galliani said yesterday. "He has a contract and it seems to me that he is happy to be at Milan."

Madrid president Ramon Calderon reportedly said the 25-year-old Brazil playmaker wanted to move to the Spanish capital next season.

"I want to guarantee to Real Madrid chief Ramon Calderon that Kaka will be in Milanello on July 23 as per schedule, to start pre-season training with his teammates," Galliani said.

"I also want him to know that on August 31 he [Kaka] will play the European Super Cup Final in Monaco against Sevilla as a European champion and he will take part in the World Club Championship in Japan in December as well."

Kaka set up Filippo Inzaghi's second goal as Milan beat Liverpool 2-1 in the Champions League final in May. Kaka also scored a tournament-high 10 goals during the competition.

Calderon pledged to sign the midfielder as part of his campaign for the Madrid presidency last year, but Milan repeatedly said they had no intention of releasing him.

Kaka joined the Rossoneri in 2003 and is contracted until 2011.

Meanwhile, the heir to the Agnelli family that controls Juventus warned yesterday the club's big-spending days were over.

John Elkann, vice president of the Fiat group and grandson of the late Gianni Agnelli who was Juventus' long-term president and owner, said in future the club would avoid the huge transfer campaigns of former general director Luciano Moggi and former chief executive Antonio Giraudo.

"Moggi and Giraudo's spending was unsustainable. They made up for it by factoring in the increase in value of players [into the accounts] but it couldn't go on like that," the 31-year-old Elkann told Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.

Moggi and Giraudo were forced to quit Juventus over their involvement in last year's Serie A match-fixing scandal.

The club was sent down to the second-division Serie B but will be playing top-flight football again next season after winning the league.

"Serie B was very hard - a season in purgatory that nobody liked. It also cost us a lot of money," Elkann continued.

His vision of a more financially cautious Juventus has not prevented the club being active on the transfer market. -Sapa-AP and Reuters


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT