The non-compliance of legitimate contenders for the vacant South African junior flyweight title has forced Boxing South African to introduce a qualifying system.
But it's not a permanent method, said Loyiso Mtya
Mtya explained that BSA are avoiding what could have become a bothersome issue between them and managers of all the top rated fighters.
He said all top 10 contenders do not qualify for an automatic approval to oppose one another for the title that Muvhuso Nedzanani vacated last weekend after winning the WBF belt against Jose Jimenez.
The contenders are Simphiwe Mabona (1), Phumzile Mathyila (2), Samora Mosopi (3), Sizwe Sinyabi (4), Mfundo Gwayana (5), Johnny Oliphant (6), Charitt Mukondeleli (7), Vuyani Kheswa (8), Ayanda Ramncwana (9) and Thozamile Myali (10).
Mtya said none of them meets BSA's requirement of two wins from three recent fights to be able to fight for a South African title.
Mabona fought once last year when he defeated Thembelani Maphuma.
Mathyila and Sinyabi are pencilled for a WBC International vacant title at Orient Theatre on June 29.
That belt was also held by Nedzanani who lost it inside the boardroom three months ago.
Mtya announced that Mabona would fight Mosopi while Gwayana and Oliphant would do battle in the other fight.
He added that the winners of the contests would then meet for the title.
"We have given them 60 days. Winners will also be given the same length of time because we must have a champion within 120 days.
"Promoters must negotiate with all boxers," said Mtya.
Nedzanani already owns the Old Buck Belt after seven defences.