The new public protector says she will leave the dispute over the state capture report prepared by h.
KABUL - Afghan President Hamid Karzai yesterday condemned US troops for shooting dead 10 civilians at the weekend as officials said nine more had been killed in an air strike.
The nine were killed at the weekend in Kapisa province, barely 90 minutes' drive northeast of Kabul, the deputy provincial governor, Sayed Dawood Hashimi, said yesterday. The strike followed a rocket attack on a US base.
Nato and the US-led coalition, which also operates in the area, said they were investigating.
US marines also shot dead 10 civilians in the east on Sunday. Karzai has condemned what the US military said was a "complex" Taliban ambush involving a suicide bombing and gunfire in a populated area outside Jalalabad.
The military said the soldiers fired in self-defence and 16 civilians were killed in the suicide raid and subsequent firing. - Reuters