Thu Oct 27 16:57:10 SAST 2016

Mosunkutu fights on

By unknown | Feb 08, 2007 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

Simon Nare

Simon Nare

Nonqaba Mosunkutu, who has accused former Gauteng social development MEC Bob Mabaso of sexual harassment, says the battle is not over yet.

The wife of Khabisi Mosunkutu, Gauteng's agriculture MEC, last year laid a charge of attempted rape against Mabaso, but the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) did not prosecute.

Mabaso subsequently resigned after the allegation.

Mabaso, who has maintained his innocence all along, said he could not understand why a friend of more than 20 years would make such an allegation.

"I hope the ANC internal hearing will clear my name," said Mabaso.

The hearing was to have taken place two weeks ago, but was postponed indefinitely after Mosunkutu fell ill.

Mosunkutu said the former MEC had made lewd advances towards her in her office.

Mosunkutu confirmed that Mabaso was a close family friend whom she regarded as her brother.


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT