Wed Oct 01 14:15:26 SAST 2014
Mzansi's Sexiest Top 12 Women revealed for 2015

It's that time of the year again where we reveal the top 24 sexiest celebrities as nominated for by .

Music brought him to life!

By Daily Mail | Apr 12, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 17 ]

Video shows elderly man getting down to his favourite big band sound after being slumped in nursing home

After 10 years in a U.S. nursing home, Henry had become depressed, slumped and unresponsive. But after listening to an iPod loaded with all his favourite music, the elderly man sits up, starts singing and jigging about. The remarkable transformation is part of new documentary film Alive Inside that explores the therapeutic effects music can have on elderly patients.

Click here to watch the video clip on YouTube

The video shows Henry before being given the music, slumped in his wheelchair with his head in his hands. Care worker Yvonne Rusell says Henry didn't talk to people very much and couldn't answer simple questions. But after listening to the iPod the elderly man becomes more responsive and alive in the clip.

When asked whether he likes music he says, 'I'm crazy about music'.

He says that Cab Calloway was his 'number one guy' and his favourite song is I'll Be Home for Christmas, recorded by Bing Crosby in 1943.

He even starts singing the lyrics to to the song and jigging about.

When asked what music does to him, Henry replies: 'It gives me the feeling of love, romance.

'I figure right now the world needs to come into music. The Lord came to me and made me holy, I'm a holy man. So he give me these sounds.'

Ref: Daily Mail

music is the food of life, kufa o thandayo!

Apr 12, 2012 12:29 | 0 replies

No wonder the president of the RSA is so vivacious!!!! Never call him kareoke king again. No wonder he attracts young women petals to insects!! Momma C you are the next victim singing mshin'wami together.

Apr 12, 2012 2:45 | 0 replies

hahahahahah yi-Aromat unbelievable Aromat Cheese

Apr 12, 2012 1:40 | 0 replies

@dimpho_4U - I mean you are now under my radar, if you misbehave I will give you a good spank :)

Apr 12, 2012 1:39 | 0 replies

Yeah imagine life without Moses Taiwa Molelekwa's Nomkhosi??!!!!! Aaah Shredder Andreas Vollenweider....mmmmhhh its not just food its also dessert for the soul.

Apr 12, 2012 1:31 | 0 replies

@Shredder, hahahah what do u mean lol

Apr 12, 2012 1:29 | 0 replies

@Dimpho - I will keep an eye on you :)

Apr 12, 2012 1:26 | 0 replies

yebo yes## music is therapeutic

Apr 12, 2012 1:24 | 0 replies

aowa ,re teng le rona...rea leboga maan, Rre :-)

Apr 12, 2012 1:7 | 0 replies

@dimpho_4U - Re fano mma lona le kae?

Apr 12, 2012 1:1 | 0 replies

@Sweetnez...ke nnete..that will be King Saul if i'm not mistaken..imagine the world without music.
@Shredder, ho jwang motswalle?

Apr 12, 2012 12:51 | 0 replies