Wed Oct 22 17:25:27 SAST 2014
'Pineapple juice' price to drop in November

Petrol price is set for another decrease in November..

'Speed jammer' held

By Sapa | Jan 07, 2013 | COMMENTS [ 30 ]

A MAN was arrested after he was found in possession of a speed jamming device on the N3 in Heidelberg, Gauteng traffic police said

"He was stopped on Saturday after the speed machine used by traffic officials failed to detect the speed he was travelling in. The equipment was found in the car," spokeswoman Busaphi Nxumalo said.

The man was charged with defeating the ends of justice.

He is expected to appear in the Heidelberg Magistrate's Court today.

Wow brilliant where can I get one?

Jan 07, 2013 7:32 | 0 replies

A speed jamming device, its sounds interesting, where can I get this device. with the Mmangaung out of the way, I definately need this device for me and my wife

Jan 07, 2013 8:57 | 0 replies

oldlady12

Dzel, just two questions from a tenchnologically challenged person. The people updating these reports you read, are they using a cellphone/laptop/other device while driving? And are you reading it while driving?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Primarily it use GPS and the info is sent to a repository so it combines info from all the users to calculate average speeds so when traffic in a 100 km/h zone is travelling at 60 km/h then obviously there is an issue the first suspect being traffic congestion. Then someone will update that there is an accident so you know know what the cause is similarly is there is a road, etc, etc.

I use an Android phone with a touch enabled interface - Samsung - when I get into the car I put it on the craddle so it is easy to read and updating anything takes a few touches (never more than three touches) so it is practical and easy to use without endangering myself or other road users as the craddle is fixed to my windscreen.

In fact I use my phone for most things in the car like playing music, navigation, just about anything you can think of. I am crazy about Android because it is probably the best thing to have happened to mobile phones after the phone camera changed the way we use our phones.

You don't even need a phone with a GPS since you can still use location triangulation but that is not as accurate but it still gets the job done.

Jan 07, 2013 9:3 | 0 replies

PSG

Seeing that you drove down to KZN, I hope that you were sticking to the speed limits coz these speed over distance cameras are not a joke :-).
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Actually I was driving conservatively and trying to keep to the speed limit as possible but the kind of tickets I get are like travelling at 111 km/h in a 100 km/h - 60 km/h zones is where they really nail me - so over a distance my average speed is not too far off from the limit.

There was a time when 150 km/h would have been my average speed but with age you learn to relax a little.

Jan 07, 2013 9:9 | 0 replies

i would like to say congratulations president jacob zuma,,,,,,,,there is a song by proffessor(new disc),,ithi BAPHI?

Jan 07, 2013 9:9 | 0 replies

@Dzel,

It's good to hear that boetie :-).

You must have had a heavy foot :-).

Jan 07, 2013 9:13 | 0 replies

No Pah King

Jan 07, 2013 9:16 | 0 replies

Thye sell that nonsense in most car parts shops, inclduing Autostylem its basically a laser which relfects back and prevent the speed camera from detecting the speed.........I always wondered if that was legal.....but then a gain, its a good thing as those bastard.s can speed as they want and end up killing innocent people, 1300 and counting is no joke.

Jan 07, 2013 9:23 | 0 replies

If you need a laser jammer, visit www.laserguys.co.za or:
15 Kismet Street, Heldelberg,
Heidelberg,Gauteng,1441,South Africa

Email: info@laserguys.co.za
Telephone: 016-349-1266

They are priced between R6000 and R8500. They are imported legally as park assist devices from overseas and can be turned into jammers.

Jan 07, 2013 10:58 | 0 replies

Do you need a Speed Jamming device

All you have to do is sms JAM to 34335 and we will call you back

Jan 07, 2013 11:14 | 0 replies

Ponko.Fontoyo - It is sold in almost every auto customization shop.Try www.autostyle.co.za. You can also check on gumtree. Lots of guys sell small gadgets like that.I have never used because i don't need to but it is pretty cool tech.

Jan 07, 2013 11:49 | 0 replies