Fri Oct 31 09:40:05 SAST 2014
Switch off appliances to avoid power cuts tonight

Power utility Eskom on Wednesday called on consumers to switch off geysers, pool pumps and all non-e.

DA set to benefit from Mangaung

By Nomaswazi Nkosi | Dec 20, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 267 ]

Democratic Alliance parliamentary leader Lindiwe Mazibuko has been bombarded with questions on Twitter about how to join the DA after the ANC's top six leadership announcement on Tuesday.

The announcement saw ANC president Jacob Zuma re-elected for a second term, with Cyril Ramaphosa his deputy.

After the announcement Mazibuko posted on Twitter: "Poor old Forces of Change. Though nobody could claim to be surprised by this result. ANC had real chance to change SA in Parliament and blew it".

@marupta tweeted DA leader Helen Zille and Mazibuko, asking them how much one should pay to become a member, adding: "It is time I stop voting on history but on good of the country".

Mazibuko replied that it costs only R10 to become a DA member.

@MoMadiba tweeted: "Where can I join in Soweto?", to which Mazibuko referred her to someone who could assist.

The DA leader assisted many other people inquiring about where in their areas they could be assisted to become DA members.

At one point Mazibuko's twitter account was so busy that she was trending in the whole country.

Lindi Mashinini tweeted: "You have my vote! I am not voting for Zuma as my president in 2014! For the first time in my life I am ashamed of the ANC!"

@newageadam suggested Mazibuko take out a newspaper advert in Sunday papers with the Gauteng branch's contact details.

Mazibuko thanked DA officials for responding promptly to her twitter referrals.

The DA City Bowl branch also tweeted that their inbox was "overflowing with people keen to join the DA".

DA spokesman Mmusi Maimane said he was also flooded with requests on how to join the party.

"It's an indicator of the fact that the ANC chooses a leader for itself and not one for the country," he said.

He said it has proven that South Africans think there are two parties in South Africa and that when the ANC cannot get something done then they look to the DA because "there is no other party that is taking on the struggle as they are".

skwamasamabele
I agree that neither were role models and that Britain had no place in the Falklands. Britain up until the time of Thatcher, were going no where. They were run by the trade unions and because of this factories were closing down. The fight between Thatcher and Arthur Scrgill changed that with Thatcher winning after two years of strife. Look at the relative gdp of Britain today to back then. It is enormous today. For a small island with no resources, (50 million people) it has 5 times the gdp of a resource rich country like S.S. Would it not be a suprise if S.A is now arriving at the same crossroad as Britain in 1975 - 1978

Dec 20, 2012 2:10 | 0 replies

skwamasamabele
You were never a true ANC supporters, just a tin-pot imidlwembe from IFP, running like rats at the first sign of trouble. Dont come back when we have sorted the ANC and restored it to its former glory. I have no intention of betraying 1000s of our people who unlawfully died and scattered in the graveyards.We shed blood for uKhongolose and we'd die under the Black Green & Gold, the true Flag of Mzansi!!
========================================
I see you acknowledge the anc is in decline. The only people betrayed, were the thousands of black people killed and maimed by the anc, including members of my family. But I accept, that we need to be looking to and planning for the future, as the past teaches us nothing, but bloodshed, hate and lies.

Dec 20, 2012 1:31 | 0 replies

Im sorry but i cant vote a white person into power!

Dec 20, 2012 1:23 | 0 replies

skwamasamabele
==============================
Racist DA will never be an option and the enemy will never change.
The Freedom Charter attracted us to the ANC. What kind of liberation movement is not in control of its land and resources after 18 years in power? The ANC is becoming ideologically drowsy and the Black Consciousness/Pan Africanist Parties deserve our vote.

Dec 20, 2012 1:22 | 0 replies

skwamasamabele
As I say, either you support stealing,killing and thuggery, or you don't. It's a question of values.

Dec 20, 2012 1:18 | 0 replies

@imfene- How do you transform a party? Either you support stealing,killing and thuggery, or you don't. No organization lasts forever. It starts with a purpose. Once that purpose is achievede, it declines.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, you have to prepare for a big battle ahead (opposition from dinasaurs), 2. You have to have new ideas and a target (say, graduates or unemployed disaffected young people) 3. You have to have an objective (why transformation is required) and finally, you have to have a goal, where you going

Dec 20, 2012 1:14 | 0 replies

@Solution...
ANC is going to take this country forward I am telling not this snob lindiwe who is been programmed to talk this trash she is been saying.... You father FF and his pals covered themselves with wealth...me and you know whites still has alsmost 70% of weatlh in this country but they are not even donating even a quarter of their wealth to the poor to help this country and everything is blamed on Government.. How many of whites are still in superior positions in private business? Taking land without compensation from whites it still the way to go..

I can only but laugh, you can try and come and take my land, what you are asking for now is a civil war, you and your anc cronies will loose, to many white and black people standing together already. Wealth comes with hard work, not on a silver platter like you think.
****************************************

In my business only black people tried to stab in the back before trying to steal my business where I started to share with them. Not a single white person has done this to me, I still have black friends who is doing business together with me and will not steal my clients, we work together, must I now place all blacks as back stabbers?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I suggest you to watch its my BIZZ or go study Marketing and learn strategies and how to gain competitive edge my dear.. you are weak in business! How did they stealing you clients?? lol competition hun!

They tried to steal my business after I wanted to help the fricking pieces of sh1t, but my black friends and my suppliers and buyers sold them out. lol. Don't worry, my business is prospering very well. Hard work does that.

*******************************************

************************************************************
LOL .....like we said apartheid will never be coming back I just hate the heaters who are not happy about how a black man is running this country!!! In fact you will never know what I am talking about cos you have never experienced it.

Then why did you say that the DA will bring back the Evil(apartheid) changing your story once again. Eish,
**************************************************************************

LOL I guess you and you DA will continue mourning until you die.. ANC is forever!

We are not mourning, we are excited, with every election and bi-election the DA are taking more and more votes, we want better for the children of this country, you like the idea of kids not having books in school, a 30% pass rate. shame.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
As if you cared SOLUTIONS... SOLUTIONS what have you done to help those people as a white person? ANC will get there in time just shut up. You and you people got good education and you sidelined us.. IT WILL TAKE TIME.. ----

lol, 18 years is a long time and the anc has only gone in a backward spiral, what did I do, did you not read to the top, with my business I help and tried to help black people, I am also involved in a program who feeds 1000 school children each day -- What do you do? except for voting the incompetent and corrupt into power?

Dec 20, 2012 1:14 | 0 replies

@skwamasamabele - Shredder-The only way to fix the ANC is to fully transform it. They must get rid of self-serving, corrupt and incompetent people. Until that happens, good luck. It will be all the way downhill until the country is like Zimbabwe then civil wars. I love my country to see it b'urn down to the ground like it is happening.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously apartheid education did you no favours, muppet. To transform any organisation, your proposal would be for its members to abandon it in droves towards enemy territory and leave the party to transform itself.
============================================================================
So you support corruption, looting of tax payer's money, and incompetence? I always knew you were not intelligent enough, but now you have outdone yourself by beating the word idiot.

Dec 20, 2012 1:10 | 0 replies

lindsay-now if somebody does not agree with you she must be a prosti and deserve a whole lot of insults is that what anc is all about threatening people? now i 'm convinced i have to vote DA out of spite for people like you who never left the forest and think that they own everybody
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
sekhebereshe just means that (prosti.....)
Be my guest, vote for your tin-pot party. Dont do it at my behest though, I dont need your flattery, save it for you new master (or mistress) Zille. You lucky she wont call you an immigrant. Spite is what you born with, dont make any excuses, ANC dont need chameleons.

Dec 20, 2012 1:9 | 0 replies

@Solution...
Bohlale1
@SOLUTIONS.. So you think a white party/ individual will make a difference in this country??? WHO DO YOU THINK CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR ALL OF US?? HUH.. Whites or who exactly?
-------------------------------------
Anyone who would take the country forward, I like Lindiwe a lot and I think she has it in her, There is a lot of black and white people out there, stop thinking race and start thinking progress.
***********************************************************************
****************************************

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*******************************************
I AM NOT WEAK AND BELIEVE YOU ME I STAND MY GROUNDS THAT I WILL NEVER SUPPORT ANY WHITE PARTY THAT IS TRYING TO LURE BLACKS ON TO THEIR TRAP... AND I AM NOT SCARED OF A WHITE MAN!

LOLOLOL, then why are you afraid a few whites will bring back apartheid.
************************************************************
**************************************************************************
IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING ON THIS COUNTRY THEN WHY DONT YOU LEAVE SOLUTION OR GO TO EXILE OR SOMETHING. COME BACK LOOSEND UP AND LEANERED TO COMPROMISE AND ACCEPT THE HISTORY OF THIS COUNTRY!!

I won't leave, I love the place to much to see it go down the drain by incompetent thieves, the history of this country has too much to take it to a zim.
*****************************************************************
*******************************************************************
THIS COUNTRY HAS HAD A LONG WAY SOLUTIONS.. YOU CANNOT JUST UNDERMINE OTHER PEOPLES' FEELINGS..

And you cannot undermine the feelings of children who is starving and sitting without good education and basic needs, You undermine the very people who voted for this crappy incompetent pary.

Your caps lock is to the left of your qwerty keyboard in case you do not know how to switch it off.
**************************************************