Thu Oct 23 01:02:08 SAST 2014
'Pineapple juice' price to drop in November

Petrol price is set for another decrease in November..

'Men must protect women'

By Sapa | Dec 10, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 14 ]

"This is not a women’s issue, it is a man’s issue" - African Christian Democratic Party

The ACDP has called on men to protect women against violence.

“Violence against women is largely perpetrated because men regard women as possessions and sexual objects,” African Christian Democratic Party MP Steve Swart said in a statement on Sunday.

“It is this attitude which must change,” he said.

“Men can play the most active part in preventing violence against women.

“This is not a women’s issue, it is a man’s issue.

"Violence against women is interlaced with gender equality, and deeply ingrained in the attitudes of men”.

Swart was commenting at the close of the 16 days of activism against gender violence.

“Good men need to speak up every time they hear a woman being disrespected, objectified and violated even by words,” he said.

“We can no longer enshrine a patriarchal culture nor condone violence with attitudes at the expense of our women.”

ACDP got this one WRONG. This is a societal ISSUE .

Dec 10, 2012 10:2 | 0 replies

@NTJAPEDI - I am not a n!gger.. N!gger is a derogatory word like kaff!r. If you accept being called a n!gger, you might as well accept being called a kaff!r.

Dec 10, 2012 3:44 | 0 replies

what'ya mean Shredder you r my n!gg@ 2....err'1 here is my n!gg@.We r all n!gg@z

Dec 10, 2012 3:37 | 0 replies

@NTJAPEDI - Nigg@z are in USA

Dec 10, 2012 3:23 | 0 replies

T.C.T

Do you ever listen or in this case, read what you write?? Stone Age women had no rights at all, were kidnapped at will, during war, they were stolen as like objects and had no voice at all. You dont lack the capacity to think, YOU HAVE NO BRAIN. I prefer women of TODAY, who make their own decisions and judges of their destinies. Go back to your cave, and take no WOMAN with you

Dec 10, 2012 3:8 | 0 replies

Haaaa...Heeeeeell NO i aint pushing my nose is sum ish i have nuthing to do with.n!gg@z will break your neck out there.i'll defend my woman,sister,aunt,couzin etc etc....if i dont know ur name Ha ke dikene.

Dec 10, 2012 3:5 | 0 replies

I tried to protect my woman. She was dressed in a distasteful way with too much flesh showing. She told me we are not going discuss how she is dressed. There you have it............

Dec 10, 2012 3:4 | 0 replies

50/50 my fooooot this laws are the ones that are making women to be so tjatjarag that is why they always get smackdown wen argueing with men....maybe tthe 21century need to learn from the staone age women of the past why there marriage wer so strong including the LOVE itself,those who will respond by saying becos they wer depending on men are lazy to think....WE have one love 21century love is still the same with the stone age love...women of today need to know wer do they belong

Dec 10, 2012 2:42 | 0 replies

We need to move from a patriarchal way of thinking.

Dec 10, 2012 2:17 | 0 replies

Why? we are mos 50/50, siyalingana........

Dec 10, 2012 1:57 | 0 replies

That would work if most women were worth defending... Some are just plain rude and disrespectful to all and sundry and are mostly bitter!

I'm sorry but I'll defend what I can prove to be "worth it", before then, you;re on your own!

Dec 10, 2012 1:57 | 0 replies