Tue Oct 21 00:52:03 SAST 2014
Vote for Mzansi's Sexiest Top 12

It's that time of the year again! We reveal who the Top 24 sexiest celebrities in South Africa are, .

Zuma does it with song

By Hlengiwe Nhlabathi Political Reporter | Nov 27, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 395 ]

PRESIDENT Jacob Zuma may dance his way to the top of the charts in Mangaung after the release of a CD titled Tribute To President Jacob Zuma: Msholozi 2nd Term.

Some of the songs produced by Gamelihle Mbuyane are tweaked Struggle slogans. There are five tracks, one with the words "Msholozi we are going to Mangaung, although they insult you and disrespect you".

Another song mocks some of those who attack Zuma, questioning their Struggle credentials.

It also praises those in the Zuma camp, including ANC secretary-general Gwede Mantashe, businessman Cyril Ramaphosa, ANC chairwoman Baleka Mbete and national executive committee member Jessie Duarte.

Those snubbed include Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula and ANC treasurer-general Mathews Phosa, who are regarded as part of the "forces of change".

Former president Nelson Mandela's name features in one of the songs, which suggests he must endorse Zuma and shame the enemy who wants to lead people to oblivion.

The T-shirt is emblazoned with a portrait of a smiling Zuma and the words "Phinda Msholozi!" and "100% Zumantashe continuity and change".

It is believed the CD and T-shirt are destined for branch members. The T-shirt also has the number 2 displayed on the back, symbolising a second term for Zuma and Mantashe.

The party has seen many unauthorised T-shirts in the lead-up to Mangaung.

The former ANC military wing the uMkhonto weSizwe Military Veterans Association also gets special mention in one song, including Cosatu, the SACP, the ANC Women's League, and Free State and KwaZulu-Natal chairmen Ace Magashule and Zweli Mkhize.

While Zuma was fighting charges of corruption and rape leading to the 2007 ANC conference in Polokwane, a maskandi group, Izingane Zoma, produced an album in his honour. It became a hit.

Meanwhile, Zuma slaughtered 12 cows in a traditional ceremony at his Nkandla homestead in KwaZulu-Natal at the weekend to appease his ancestors to be with him in Mangaung during his presidential guest for re-elections.

- nhlabathih@sowetan.co.za

Goat_Trash

LOL

Nov 27, 2012 1:7 | 0 replies

@ Mgwijikhwebu

Let's play cowboys - I'll be the cowboy and you be yourself!

Nov 27, 2012 1:15 | 0 replies

My mind still boggles that a person with such poor credentials made it to the top of the ANC and South Africa.

If JZ makes a second term I will feel that the ANC is failing this country. And I wil more than ever believe that Zuma is buying his place at the top - with our tax money, nogal.

That being said I am glad that we stay in a country where democracy is making such problems possible.

Nov 27, 2012 1:15 | 0 replies

@ Goat_Trash

I wouldn't be so sure if you want to play Tellie-Tubbies with me.. I'm not in the mood, 1st WARNING.. *Bl0ody insect*..

Nov 27, 2012 1:16 | 0 replies

Has Microsoft upgraded to Windows 9 if they did I blame them cos I can see some of our brothers and sisters are confused cos real some of their comments on this article are way out of line

Nov 27, 2012 1:17 | 0 replies

@ FarCeSpotter

If I told you that I have a piece of dirt in my eye, would you move?

Nov 27, 2012 1:19 | 0 replies

Sommartakeit- Yes the ANC is corrupt, Yes the ANC is not delivering. But, step back a bit, and tell me what the Nationalist govt did for all the people, except white people?? We were kept in the dark from 1910 to 1994 about corruption in those govts, when asking those questions, one either disappears or has an accident. We manage to know and critisize the ANC because we are allowed to due to the current constitution and freedom of speech. Under the Nationalists, you know it was suicide to do that. I am an ANC supporter, and I started my struggle in Soweto in 1976, never went to exile because I wanted to bring the minority govt down by peaceful means. I left SA in 1994, hoping it was in good hands. Joined the UNICEF security team. I can see what is going on in SA everytime I visit, that is not what I fought for, I was hoping by now no-one would be living in a shack, lacking basic amenities. I support the ANC, but not the Leadership, and I WANT MY ANC BACK!!! Perhaps it might be wiser to bring the corrupt Leadership down and preserve the organisation. The core ANC base has a duty and a responsibility to the country to CHANGE LEADERSHIP!! Our govt is a laughing stock in the West, especially here in the UK. With gold prices at a record high ($1400 an ounce), you'd think SA would come into its own, by job creation on the mining sector. I promised myself never to work for the ANC govt until they change their ways, and I will only come back home when I am retired, and enjoy my British pension. I wont be part of a govt that let down the people who fought and died for this country.

Nov 27, 2012 1:19 | 0 replies

@Ngonyamayomvenda the issue here is Zuma should not have allowed the Malema situation to go as far as it did, he only allowed it cause it benefited him politically, therefore I concl he is operating without ethics or standards or even moral values considering that black culture across Africa forbids any young person to speak untoward against an elderly, so how under the watch of full anc leaders was Malema allowed to behave the way he did? He was ONLY ejected cause he was doing to them what he did to both Helen Zille and Thabo Mbeki, unfortunately for Malema and Zuma camp they couldn't get Mbeki to stoop to their levels hence I said KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION is POWER, Mbeki would not waste any of his valuable time arguing with uneducated political louts, for all this misdeeds in this part I was very proud of him that he carried himself like a true gentleman, it made me proud that in both occasions of Mbeki and Mandela we Xhosas gave SA and the world true leaders who had ability to think and to revise their position when found to be wrong, not jiyving jack who can't even read.

Nov 27, 2012 1:19 | 0 replies

@ -Cl!ck-

I changed your 1st nappies - After seeing what came out of your @ss, I decided to remove you from my medical aid!

Nov 27, 2012 1:20 | 0 replies

@trash

Google troll and think

Nov 27, 2012 1:20 | 0 replies

@ skwamasamabele

Your lips are moving, but you're saying buggerall! - you should star in silent movies as a door!

Nov 27, 2012 1:22 | 0 replies