Sat Oct 25 07:33:07 SAST 2014
Connie returns to save troubled Generations

Connie Ferguson has confirmed that she will be returning to Generations after weeks of dodging circu.

Boy drowned in boiling water

By Sapa | Jul 25, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 39 ]

Mom was raped and shot. Husband was assaulted with a panga and golf club, before he too was shot

Three men, who admitted to robbing and killing a Walkerville couple and their 12-year-old son, joked and laughed while walking back to their cells, according to a report on Wednesday.

The regional court in Vereeniging heard that the boy, Amaro Jose, was gagged and then drowned in a boiling water because he would have been able to identify his family’s assailants.

Patrick Petrus Radebe, 24, who was the family’s gardener, and Sipho Mbele, 21, their domestic worker’s son, and Sphiwe David Motaung, 20, pleaded guilty on Tuesday, reported Beeld newspaper.

Mbele and Radebe each pleaded guilty to three charges of murder and one charge of rape each.

Motaung pleaded guilty to house robbery charges.

The court heard that Mbele and Radebe raped Geraldine Viana before shooting her with her husband’s firearm.

The men then shot Tony Viana, who had been tied up after being assaulted with a panga and golf club, in the head.

After that, the boy was drowned in the bath.

Sentencing will start on September 6.

DISCUSSION POINTS:
Why are some crimes so cruel?

There is mental instability

Society's norms have become so fractured

Religion needs to become more widespread so there is a clear line between right and wrong

Our history has bred violence

Jul 25, 2012 10:28 | 0 replies

@Mellow,sometimes you also make spelling erros unintentionally,when typing fast,so don't act like you are better,because shame you are not.

Jul 25, 2012 1:30 | 0 replies

@golweza,as a matter of fact,I am a journalist,and a good one at that,so if perhaps you were trying to deride me,it didn't work,because I know who am I and I'm not defined by a simple typo,that could have happened to anyone- including yourself.

Jul 25, 2012 1:34 | 0 replies

until such time there's proper clean up of DRUGS, such criminal and violent acts will continue to haunt law abiding south africans. 1. ASSAULT 2. RAPE 3. MURDER = tjoo ke ya e tshaba NYAOPE kapa yona TIK!!

Jul 25, 2012 1:56 | 0 replies

Maratachelete
.....................................................................................................................................
Like I declared myself to be a better journo thought you claimed to better than the person who wrote the article and if you want to be excused for typing error why can't you do the same? You missed the point that they are trying to put across, what's your solution to the problem at hand? No one really cares if you can do better writing or not really and you've proved it that you can't so practise what you preach

Jul 25, 2012 2:4 | 0 replies

@Mellow,can we call it a truce,because really I don't like bickering,especially over something as trivial,as this,so I'm sorry and I apologise if I irked you with my comment,it was not my intetion to do so.

Jul 25, 2012 2:12 | 0 replies

It baffles me here that a family is brutally killed and all what people can worry about is a spelling. Really is that how insesitive you people are?

Jul 25, 2012 2:13 | 0 replies

An eye for an eye...pile them up in jail for what mara?????
you took them in now this?????

Jul 25, 2012 2:38 | 0 replies

Could this be considered a raced based killing as the torture and murder seem to have been the primary objective of this attack with the robbery been secondry?

Jul 25, 2012 3:3 | 0 replies

Pls bring back "Death Penalty"

Jul 25, 2012 3:41 | 0 replies

I blame the Editor for allowing such poor English to go to press, on line or print.

Death Penalty should be brought back. All these murderers get life sentences, therefore the taxpayers look after them for life. Why should we be burdened by such evil people.

Jul 25, 2012 5:20 | 0 replies