Thu Oct 23 20:32:11 SAST 2014
'Pineapple juice' price to drop in November

Petrol price is set for another decrease in November..

'No one listened to my daughter when she was raped'

By Graeme Hosken | Apr 20, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 26 ]

ABANDONED by the system and left to fend for themselves, a Soweto mother, whose disabled daughter narrowly escaped a gang rape, has pleaded for support.

The appeal for justice by the woman — a neighbour of one of the accused — comes as another mother, who attended yesterday’s Roodepoort Magistrate Court proceedings, described how she had been battling for nearly 20 years for justice for her daughter after she was raped by three men.

“No one listens to us. No one listened to my daughter when she was raped and no one listens now.

“When my daughter was 9 and raped we went to the police to ask for help. Instead I was told to walk the streets with her to find her attackers before I made a case.

“When I go to the same police station today I am told the same thing. The police did not care then because my daughter was disabled and they do not care now.

“All I want is justice for my child,” she said.

The neighbour of one of the accused said disabled women, who were victims of crime, were never taken seriously by police.

“I have tried to report my daughter’s attempted rape, but our requests for help have never been taken seriously.

“That is how life is and we must just live with it,” she said.

Neither mother can be named in order to protect their daughters’ identities.

Let the Police chiefs say something, their man in uniform are useless in deed, and this uniform is from tax payers money, our money, they get paid from our money and they dont serve us, maybe we should re-direct the fight to the police, like in the 1985.

Apr 20, 2012 8:49 | 0 replies

this people who r.ap.e disabled people ba fe.ela jwang mara? this just remind me of a story of the mute victim who was raped several times, i was angry for days as if i knew the poor girl, cause i could not get out the fact that the poor girl was trying to screem for help but she could not be heard because she does not have a voice mxm to di rapis.t!

Apr 20, 2012 10:11 | 0 replies

So they cannot bother to search for the criminals, but they
can waste so much energy trying to clear Richard Mdluli
and spying on cellphones.

Apr 20, 2012 10:12 | 0 replies

U are unfair to the police what about Mangaung these ppl they belong to communities and political structures and aspire to climb ranks also ?

Apr 20, 2012 10:28 | 0 replies

I think police who turn away victims should be released off their duties, surely they dont know what they are there for

Apr 20, 2012 10:32 | 0 replies

sabza007

Sad ne?
If you can't apply pressure then they don't leave their desk. It makes you wonder why we even bother to have them around

Apr 20, 2012 10:42 | 0 replies

The same thing was said "go and find the culprits" to a man whose daughter was m urdered in the Eastern Cape (E news yesterday) and he was successful in doing so. N they say dont take justice in your own hands but refuse to do their jobs. Instead bako di Road blocks asking bribes from motorist. mxm

Apr 20, 2012 10:50 | 0 replies

(When my daughter was 9 and raped we went to the police to ask for help. Instead I was told to walk the streets with her to find her attackers before I made a case.

“When I go to the same police station today I am told the same thing. The police did not care then because my daughter was disabled and they do not care now)

When the law it's self or the law enforcers have failed you numerous times, what do you do with no money to appoint an attorney to fight for you.

Apr 20, 2012 10:55 | 0 replies

ah this is common mos in Gauteng if you go to a police station to open a case they expect you to come with the accussed or your case will be filled as undetected.

Apr 20, 2012 10:58 | 0 replies

MommaC
Who are you talking about when you say "This is why street justice happens and then everyone gets on their high moral horse and starts calling them 'barbaric'. Yet not a word about how barbaric it is to expect a child to live next door to her rapist and have her soul crushed every single day that she has to walk past the b*stard !!!!" ?
Why are you not just mentioning RobinH by name, hey!!! Come on we all know who comes up with such gibberish self righteousness.Lol

Apr 20, 2012 11:16 | 0 replies

@Shredder I saw that on the news yesterday they must just be glad he didn't give them the mob just really.

Apr 20, 2012 11:36 | 0 replies