Sun Oct 26 02:14:52 SAST 2014
'Big Brother' snoozers should be losers

JUST how do Mozambican Trezagah, Zambian Macky2, Malawian Mr 265 and Zimbabwean Butterphly survive i.

He paid R4 to rape schoolgirl

By Canaan Mdletshe | Mar 28, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 99 ]

Trusted neighbour sexually assaulted 10-year-old for nine months, family say. THEN freed suspect allegedly violated victim again

THE family of a 10-year-old girl has lashed out at the justice system after a 64-year-old neighbour who allegedly raped her for nine months was released - and raped the girl again.

The child's grandmother, who cannot be named to protect the child, said she was made aware of the alleged rape in September last year after her Grade 2 granddaughter arrived home late from school in Mandeni, KwaZulu-Natal.

"She could hardly walk and I confronted her, demanding the truth, but she would not answer," she said.

"I started whipping her and she confessed that our neighbour had slept with her."

The grandmother said she nearly fainted when the young girl further said that she had been raped since the beginning of the year.

The girl alleged that the man would wait for her near a playground in the morning, give her R2 and tell her to come to his house after school where he would rape her and then give her another R2 not to tell anyone .

The girl's father said when he was informed of what the neighbour, whom he looked up to as a father, had done to his child, he was badly hurt.

"I went to Sundumbili police station to lay a charge and police took statements from the child and my mother. The suspect was later arrested," the distraught father said.

He said they were shocked when the child started misbehaving and returning late from school in February this year.

The child's grandmother interrogated her and she initially claimed that there was a school project she had to do after school. But when the granny went to school to enquire about this project, teachers denied it.

"On the same day, she arrived home late and when my mother confronted her, she lied about the school project not knowing that [her grandmother] had been to school. When she threatened to whip her again, she confided that mkhulu (grandfather) had been waiting for her and he took her to his house where he slept with her," the father said.

The family reported this to social workers and established that the suspect had been granted bail.

KwaZulu-Natal police spokesman Lieutenant-Colonel Vincent Mdunge confirmed that the other case was opened last year and the suspect was arrested.

The case was sent to Eshowe Magistrate's Court for trial preparations.

The suspect appeared in court and the case was further postponed to November 22. On that day, the case was postponed to January 16.

In January, it was struck off the roll because the prosecutor was not satisfied with certain aspects of the case.

He raised questions about why the rape was alleged to have happened in January but the case was only opened nine months later and instructed the investigating officer to get further evidence.

The investigating officer returned to the family and the victim to get further statements and those statements were then included into the case docket.

The docket was sent to the senior public prosecutor for a decision.

"As things stand, we are waiting for the senior prosecutor's decision," Mdunge said.

"This matter is receiving the utmost attention and I can assure the family that we are taking it seriously."

Robin - Im personally against the whipping of kids as a way of disciplining them, But in this case ,the whipping worked, it made the child to open up. why is that hard for you to understand ? NO! YO U THIN K and there is no need for you to get all worked up over a difference of opinion now is there?

Mar 28, 2012 2:46 | 0 replies

**************************************************************************************************************
@RobinH

The grandma tried reasoning with the child.
Please also understand that not every one can afford to go to a private Dr and we dont even know at what time the "interrogation" took place....... whether the local clinic was still open or do they even have a clinic near them (some people travel 100kms to the "local" clinic")

Mar 28, 2012 3:9 | 0 replies

@RobinH
SHredder: Below the belt and rather irrelevant. I nowhere say that it is okay for a man (Afrikaans, Greek or Martian) to whip his children.

I did it on purpose. LOL.
==============================================================================
Nevus
@YOU PEOPLE-we were whipped and whipped so that we can grow strong and wise,just look at me i am brave thanks to the whipping i can insult you from now till tommorow kikikikikikiki lala vuka.

That's true and really, you won' beat up your child, however you can be compelled to do it at times. And it doesn't mean you have failed your parenting as Robin says. The part that I disagree with is "insulting from now till tomorrow."

Mar 28, 2012 3:14 | 0 replies

Robinh- lol What on earth would I be doing near ur grandkids? *rolling my eyes*

Mar 28, 2012 3:15 | 0 replies

eish boy batho ba heh heh shaver shaver mashishi is disgusting so ka baya cream,nxa sheba mshemane ka tshasa ka tshasa tot le ko mosentseleng moer daai ding e nchesitse mosentsele boy,shiiiiiit nou ke tsamaya o kare ke jaevela pina ya Jabu Khanyile "mmalo weee".

Mar 28, 2012 3:16 | 0 replies

@RobinH
Galfrend. OK. Whatever floats your boat. Just don't come anywhere near my grandchildren, please.
==============================================================================
Ouch! Ouch! Robin my man! Why do you wanna talk to galfrend like that? Damn! You are talented in uttering words that can pierce through someone's heart hey?

Mar 28, 2012 3:18 | 0 replies

u layekile. o rata dilo too much...tliltli

Mar 28, 2012 3:18 | 0 replies

LOL
You can b1ttch and moan all day bout the word nannny and you are completely ignored. Say that, if this was my daughter then I would have riipped his thro@t out with my b@re teeeth - and the moderator notices.

Mar 28, 2012 3:19 | 0 replies

mxcm ne ke batla ho charmer keng?

Mar 28, 2012 3:22 | 0 replies

Shredder
@RobinH
==============================================================================
+++++++++++++
oh was that meant to hurt me?? lol oh im hurrrt... *crying

Mar 28, 2012 3:26 | 0 replies

Hahahahahaha o e tsere ko mang dai ding gore o tshabe mosentsele

Mar 28, 2012 3:27 | 0 replies