Fri Jul 25 19:39:37 SAST 2014
Kalawa Jazmee does it for Madiba (PHOTOS)

Record label Kalawa Jazmee musicians and staff paid a visit to the Doug Whitehead School in honour o.

Could Mgqumeni have returned from grave?

By Staff Reporter | Feb 06, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 25 ]

KWAZULU-NATAL police are expected to release DNA and fingerprint test results of a man claiming to be maskandi musician Khulekani "Mgqumeni" Khumalo, who was buried two years ago.

Provincial police spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Vincent Mdunge told Sunday World that the man's DNA results would be released tomorrow. The police had also taken his fingerprints to verify his identity.

The results will determine whether the police should apply in the high court for an exhumation of the body thought was that of Khumalo.

Over the past days the traditional music scene and community have been shocked by the claims.

Since he made the claim the village, Nquthu in Nkandla, Kwazulu-Natal, has been visited by crowds who wanted to see the "resurrected Mgqumeni."

Yesterday the man met thousands of fans who came to see if their beloved Mgqumeni was really alive. Social networks were also abuzz over the weekend, with many dismissing him as a fake.

The man apparently appeared at his family homestead a week ago shocking family members.

Details as to where the "live" Mgqumeni had been for the past two years are still a mystery.

Khumalo died after a long illness. He had released his fifth album, Magic, in 2008 and it sold 78000 copies within a month of its release.

He was also the producer and composer of other successful maskandi groups that included Amagcokama, Ithwasa Lami, Abakwethu and Idlamanzi.

"I rest my case"

Feb 06, 2012 7:38 | 0 replies

Lekwete, i know hey. lol lol! this is too funny.

Feb 06, 2012 1:31 | 0 replies

@Lekwete - u've just made my day with laughter. kwaaaa!!!
@Bumnandi - yo name rocks!

Let's wait and see if this is indeed Mgqu!

Feb 06, 2012 1:51 | 0 replies
Feb 06, 2012 1:55 | 0 replies

@Lekwete
Pure madness!

I dont think bo ma DNA and stuff are necessary.Should somebody comes and says shes my late mother,first thing will be does she identically look like her nhaa,if not then fots@k,no further check ups.
My point exactly. No need for DNA tests.

Feb 06, 2012 1:56 | 0 replies

@Bumnandibungaphansikwesdwaba

The guy was one of the best selling artists in SA, he is the only to achieve a gold (25000 copies) in less than 24 hrs (Umgqumeni-Magic), 2007.
==================================================================================
One of the best selling artists? I don't know this guy.

Feb 06, 2012 2:1 | 0 replies

Sho, people but I think he might be the one. I will mention my believes. If his spirit has come back to the same body. The DNAs will not be a problem and if in the grave we find a human body, then it will be him. My worry if his spirit is raincanated to another body that it will be hard to believe that is him but the spirit knows its original body, he should have said that he is trapped to the wrong body. But what if a person issued with death certificate particulars might change in the home affairs and his finger print might be rejected and also DNA might be a problem if he is in the wrong body. Funny nothing is coming from the Family members.

Feb 06, 2012 2:27 | 0 replies

@Padifun
"If his spirit has come back to the same body. The DNAs will not be a problem and if in the grave we find a human body, then it will be him."

LOL, did you think all that up by yourself? Let me understand you.
1. If the spirit goes into his body, DNA is not a problem?
2. If there is a body in the grave then it will be him?

How so?

Feb 06, 2012 3:30 | 0 replies

Thought it was only Bob and ZANU PF madhalas who had gone nutz when they believed that diesel could ooze from granite. For thousands of people to believe that a man could rise from the dead is even worse. I cldn't believe my eyes when I watched those thousands gathering for such a fraud. All the guy wants is attention, you gave him in an overflowing bowl and he is as happy that there are still so many stupid people in S.Africa.

Feb 07, 2012 7:12 | 0 replies

the problem is that things that are related to witchcraft are difficult to prove

Feb 07, 2012 8:56 | 0 replies

Guys this might be true, you'll never know witchcraft plus this guy was making moola and winning awards.....you name them.
Could be the family buried a wild creature while the poor man was roaming around and being used by them people with muti to make money for them.
Plus rural areas turn to be very dengerious, trust me i know.

Feb 07, 2012 2:9 | 0 replies