Thu Oct 02 12:25:01 SAST 2014
Mzansi's Sexiest Top 12 Women revealed for 2015

It's that time of the year again where we reveal the top 24 sexiest celebrities as nominated for by .

Pageant 'reject' finally crowned

By Dimakatso Motau | Nov 12, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 16 ]

AFTER being crowned Miss Soweto 2012, at the Soweto Theatre on Saturday, 20-year-old Hape Moloi can no longer call herself the queen of rejection.

The first-year Bachelor of Commerce student at the University of Johannesburg said she had been rejected too many times at pageants but believed in herself and continued to enter thecompetitions.

Moloi, who hails from Dube in Soweto, told Sowetan: "I entered Miss Soweto in 2010 and only made it to the top 100, but that did not deter me from trying again. This year I also made it as a regional finalist for Miss Earth but I did not go through to the finals. But I kept on believing that my title was just around the corner."

She said she had interpreted the rejection from other pageants as a way to improving herself as a model and a young woman.

Moloi added that the rejection was necessary to make her stronger, and her message to her peers was 'learn to pick yourself up'.

"I am already involved with teaching English to primary school kids and helping them out with their reading, as a way of giving back to my community. This title gives me a much bigger platform.

Her equally excited mother, Vicky Moloi, said her daughter deserved the title. "She has always loved beautiful things and she is a hard-worker," Hape'smom said.

Moloi was chosen among 20 finalists and she walked away with a cash prize of R10000 from the pageant's sponsor White Star, a Damelin College bursary and a furniture store voucher.

Samkelisiwe Nkomonde, 20, was crowned first princess and Viwe Gxwala, 24, second princess.

The founders of Miss Soweto, which celebrated its 33rd anniversary this year, businessmen Ralph Zikalala and Leonard Sithole, made an appearance at the event.

- motaud@sowetan.co.za

Congratulations reject. Come to me I will recycle you a bit a win Miss World in two years.

Nov 12, 2012 8:22 | 0 replies

Jealous down, this gal is hot and her V-monologue is still gripping unlike the drunk Kelly where she would be screwed through the fence.

The Reject is way BETTER than a drunk

Nov 12, 2012 3:46 | 0 replies

THEmadame2B-BBEE-u c wena u made sowetan block comment on the kelly khumalo article.
sowetan u see u coming with nonsense we were not cuuuursing maan...

Nov 12, 2012 3:22 | 0 replies

Eish the head line nje...Haai Sowetan.........

Nov 12, 2012 1:41 | 0 replies

=========================
This anyway is too little and a shame to us black people R10000 and we have among us black people Billionairs like Motsepe and Bo Ramaphosa ba rekang di Baffalo ka R18mil Nxaaa we are just a laughing stock to the White Community

Nov 12, 2012 12:47 | 0 replies

@ Missjoy

I'm even scared to read your warning..

Nov 12, 2012 11:39 | 0 replies

Uncompromising
Cl!ck-
A drunk Kelly Khumalo is way better looking than this reject#101..

-------------------------------------------------------

Ouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*****************************************************************************************************
Warning! jelouse harm brain and might damage your image

Nov 12, 2012 11:31 | 0 replies

Well done Miss Moloi!! perseverence is the mother of success and you are highly educated judges they never interpreted thy english.

Nov 12, 2012 11:3 | 0 replies

@NotYourHunnie

don't worry about these underachievers; when will they learn to get off their asses and do something with their sorry lives?

Nov 12, 2012 10:33 | 0 replies

H A T E R S !
Congratulations Hape :-] you're setting a good example to the youngsters out there.

Nov 12, 2012 10:19 | 0 replies

@MsKinkyakaKamaSutra
Top 100 now number 1

I think they were tired of seeing and decided to get you of their backs............. you are resilient..........
=========================================================================
Ya, they didn't want to see her again.

Nov 12, 2012 10:7 | 0 replies