Mon Jul 28 22:31:07 SAST 2014
Doctors discover sex toy lost in woman's vagina for 10 years

After having symptoms of lethargy, uncontrollable shaking and sudden weight loss a Scottish woman so.

Model Wek under pressure to marry

By Zenoyise John | Aug 07, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 20 ]

SUPERMODEL Alek Wek says she is getting a lot of pressure from her family to get married.

Wek, 35, who revealed this during an interview with Sowetan, is in the country to shoot a commercial for Amarula, which is due to be flighted in South Africa and other countries.

Local fashion line Lunar, founded by fashion designer Karen Ter Morshuizen, dressed Wek for the advert.

Wek, who was born to a housewife mother and an education official father, said she was currently not dating and swore that her only present family was her dog. "It would be lovely to settle down and have kids, but I am too busy for that for now.

"My family have been asking me ... when am I going to have a family? And coming from a big family, my mother asks me about it all the time. So, I am working on that."

She said coming to South Africa brought back the memories of when she had returned to her native South Sudan to celebrate the new republic's independence.

The former North African refugee who is now a British citizen says going back to her country to celebrate independence was one of the most exciting moments in her life.

"The warm welcome I received was amazing. They really embraced me as one of their own. It was very touching to see unity among the people of South Sudan."

Wek said even though most people have lived under extreme poverty, she was shocked to learn that many of them recognised her and knew what she was doing.

Alek Wek says she is getting a lot of pressure from her family to get married.

She must come here + she's got money....Hey maar ublack man. But i guess she's like berries.

Aug 07, 2012 9:0 | 0 replies

I find her beautiful and for a fact that she is doing well.Big up!....... I say take your time Alek, make money and live your life.......if marriege is meant to happen it will.

Aug 07, 2012 4:24 | 0 replies

Cant this lady see that they busy making her fool but she fall for the joke

Aug 08, 2012 5:34 | 0 replies

Eish your family dont understand, no offens but you are not looking lekker my sister........jeeeeerrrrrrr

Aug 08, 2012 7:51 | 0 replies

ok so now all bloggers are yellow bones, i thought some of SA provinces has black brothers and sisters too.

Aug 08, 2012 8:48 | 0 replies

Mara yeh, you guys dont you know that what is important is not the outside but the inside. Maybe she can make one lucky guy so happy

Aug 08, 2012 12:43 | 0 replies

- "South Africa is wonderful in many ways than one. It is such a warm country, with warm people who are united despite coming from different tribes. I find a lot of similarities between the two countries in that way."

- big ups to this woman.......

Aug 13, 2012 4:39 | 0 replies

This is all I can say, apartheid really accomplished its goal. All I see from the comments is black people practicing self hate, because we have been taught that black is bad, stupid, ugly, etc and white is all good. We have sisters who still apply skin lightners because they believe that being light skinned is better than being dark skinned. It really is a sad state of affairs and I'm disppointed in us as a people. Black is beautiful and we should be proud of who we are.

Aug 16, 2012 1:4 | 0 replies

ok sweetcakes point taken!

Aug 16, 2012 1:13 | 0 replies

and she's is yall"s African Queen, the girl of yall's dreams.
she take me where yall never been
she make yall's heart go ting-a-ling-a-ling,
she's you're African Queen, the girl of yall's dreams
and she reminds you of a thing

♪♫singing♪♫

Aug 07, 2012 2:51 | 0 replies

i can marry her alright, and buy her a white hat as a wedding present.

Aug 07, 2012 1:41 | 0 replies