Baby talk with Masechaba Moshoeshoe
Sowetan Baby Steps blog introduces its first celebrity mom insert with well-known actress and radio personality Masechaba Moshoeshoe. Better known for her role in TV soapie Scandal as Mmadika Molefe, Moshoeshoe shares with us her experience as a mom..
Q. What daily challenges are you faced with as a celebrity mom?
• They are challenges that every working mother faces. How to make quality time for the kids and partner, leaving the kids when they are sick, ensuring discipline even when you are not around and trusting that someone else you pay has your children's best interests at heart.
Q. Was there a specific timeframe you had for the conception of your child, and why?
• Gave birth to my 1st child at the age of 35 because I wanted to be ready for motherhood. (Discovered it's true, you can never be 100% ready). But I'm glad I took my time as am in a perfect place to be a mother at this stage in my life.
Q. How did you control and maintain your cravings?
• I'm so grateful because I never had any cravings. No morning sickness. But it wasn't an easy pregnancy.
Q. Do you think it is wise to know your baby's gender during pregnancy?
• I think it's a personal thing. I didn't want to know but my baby decided to let me know at the 4D scan.
Q. Did you keep your child's baby clothes or did you keep it knowing that you intend to have more than one child?
• I was so blessed with gifts so I try share that blessing by giving away my daughter's clothes to family, friends etc when she outgrows them. I believe when I need them again, they will come back to me.
Masechaba’s winter tip for your little one!
• I keep a cough mixture and decongestant in the medicine cabinet. I find I give them once or twice when they start coughing or sniffling and it does the trick.
TAKE A HAPPY MOMENT: Visit our Baby Steps blog to see the cute sweetie pies from all over Mzansi. And don't forget to send us photos of your babies.. All you need to do is email your photos, with names and an anecdote about your child's personality, to firstname.lastname@example.org