Sun Sep 25 10:49:49 SAST 2016

The last of Ma Agnes on Isidingo

By Bongiwe Sithole | Aug 12, 2014 | COMMENTS [ 15 ]

After more than 15 years of commitment to playing the role of Agnes Matabane on one of the most loved soapies, Keketso Semoko has left Isidingo (The Need).

Semoko, affectionately known as ‘Ma Agnes’ on the drama filled soapy will be seen for the last time this evening.

She entered the television industry as a teenager starring in TV dramas as well as theatre production and has been with Isidingo since 1998.

Officially Semoko left Isidingo in May, however she will be exiting the show this evening  in a scene where Ma Agnes and her husband ‘ Ntate  Zeb’ leave for Thaba ‘Nchu to live in a farm and enjoy the rest of their lives in a peaceful place.

Semoko said playing the role of Ma Agnes has allowed her to fulfill a character representing women and all the hardship, success, pain and love experiences they go through.

“I finished shooting for Isidingo in May, I almost made 16 years playing Ma Agnes.

It was time to move on, Ma Agnes has told all the story there is about women of SA, gave birth, lost children, became a grandma, she has been the church lady and business woman,” she said.

Following her departure from Isidingo, Semoko has since taken a break from acting to do a bit of travelling.

“I have been on a break travelling. I was recently in the east, something interesting is coming my way and it has to do with travelling but I can’t talk much about it right now.”

She says it is not the end of her in television.

fokofpolisiekar

I shall miss Ma Agnes, I guess Isidingo was treating her well, you should check at her chicks

Aug 12, 2014 11:9 | 1 replies

RobinX

her chicks?

Aug 12, 2014 11:27 | 1 replies

fokofpolisiekar

lol, NOOO!!!! I meant to type "cheeks"

Aug 12, 2014 11:42 | 1 replies

RobinX

Thought so. Amusing slip.

Aug 12, 2014 11:51 | 0 replies

Dubulaamanzi

Isidingo,Generations,Muvhango,Isibaya,Days of our lives,Bold and the beautiful.These stories must all end now their unprogressive, bring back Nkusheng,Mshefane,Hlala kwabafileyo,Abakwazidenge,Mpheme,Lesilo Rula etc.

Aug 12, 2014 11:12 | 2 replies

MophemeKoPitori

ASKIS?! you Called my Name? Yes I love being a CELEB

Aug 12, 2014 11:24 | 0 replies

RobinX

Ja ja and let's all get some blinkers as well. The role of Ma-Agnes was a very interesting one.

Aug 12, 2014 11:28 | 0 replies

zazezi

I blame Zeb for the end of her role in Isidingo.

Aug 12, 2014 11:13 | 1 replies

RobinX

It's a story, Honey!!!

Aug 12, 2014 11:28 | 1 replies

zazezi

I know it's a story dear, but Zeb who used to play alongside her was fired in real life.

Aug 12, 2014 3:23 | 0 replies

Socrates

she has been holding that turf of representing ordinary women in their daily struggles with life. I can recall when she used to sell menatlana(maotwana) with Zeb using a caravan at the mine entrance...the early days of Isidingo

Aug 12, 2014 11:36 | 0 replies

Airr

Hamba kahla mama Agnes it was fun watching you grow and you have played all the stages that Ma Agnes go through as if it was real\well.The day you lot leleti and when they told you,your cry moved me as I ended up crying myself salute Mama.

Aug 12, 2014 1:36 | 0 replies

STOEPTALK

Great service mama Keketso, and good luck with your future endearvors.

Aug 12, 2014 1:57 | 0 replies

pagedown

im taking her role.... i want to f*#k up Barker Haines life....

Aug 13, 2014 11:13 | 0 replies

mamawine54

LOST LOVE **** ****, PAY AFTER RESULTS +27718924792 (London LOST LOVER **** HEALER +27718924792 POWERFUL LOVE **** ,HEALER NTERNATIONALTIONAL LOST LOVER **** HEALER POWERFUL LOVE ****, REVENGE OF THE RAVEN CURSE, BREAK UP ****, DO LOVE **** WORK, MAGIC ****, PROTECTION ****, CURSE REMOVAL, REMOVE NEGATIVE ENERGY, REMOVING CURSE ****, WITCH DOCTOR, SPIRITUAL CLEANSING, AFRICAN WITCHCRAFT, HEALERS, HEALING, HEX REMOVAL, SPILove Spells To Want Get Back My Ex Girlfriend, Love Mantras To Get Back My Ex, Bring Back My Ex Girlfriend From Her New Boyfriend, Lost Love Back Specialist, Love Mantras To Get Back My Ex Girlfriend, Want Return My Ex Girlfriend, Want To Achieve My Ex Girlfriend From Her New Boyfriend, Love Spells To Get Back My Ex Girlfriend, WIN My Ex Girlfriend From Her Boyfriend, Want To Get win My Ex Girlfriend, Love Spells To Return my Girlfriend, Love Spells To Win My Ex Girlfriend From Her Other Boyfriend, love Spells To Win My Ex Girlfriend, Spells To Bring Back My Ex From Her New Boyfriend,RITUAL HEALING, ****, WICCA, WITCHCRAFT, VOODOO, ****, GOOD LUCK CHARM, LOVE ****, LUCK CHARM, GOOD LUCK, WICCA ****, VOODOO DOLLS, POWERFUL LOVE ****, BREAK UP ****, MAGIC LOVE ****, SANGOMA, TRADITIONAL MEDICINE, LOVE **** T LOST LOVER SPELLS HEALER +27839620753 POWERFUL LOVE SPELLS ,HEALER NTERNATIONALTIONAL LOST LOVER SPELLS HEALER POWERFUL LOVE SPELLS, REVENGE OF THE RAVEN CURSE, BREAK UP SPELLS, DO LOVE SPELLS WORK, MAGIC SPELLS, PROTECTION SPELLS, CURSE REMOVAL, REMOVE NEGATIVE ENERGY, REMOVING CURSE SPELLS, WITCH DOCTOR, SPIRITUAL CLEANSING, AFRICAN WITCHCRAFT, HEALERS, HEALING, HEX REMOVAL, SPIRITUAL HEALING, SPELL, WICCA, WITCHCRAFT, VOODOO, SPELLS, GOOD LUCK CHARM, LOVE SPELLS, LUCK CHARM, GOOD LUCK, WICCA SPELLS, VOODOO DOLLS, POWERFUL LOVE SPELLS, BREAK UP SPELLS, MAGIC LOVE SPELLS, SANGOMA, TRADITIONAL MEDICINE, LOVE SPE THAT WORK, GAY LOVE SPELLS, MAGIC SPELLS, REAL MAGIC SPELLS, BREAKUP SPELLS, THE SPELL TO DEFEAT YOUR RIVAL, FERTILITY SPELLS, DIVORCE SPELLS, MARRIAGE SPELLS, BIND US TOGETHER, CHANGE YOUR LOVER’S MIND SPELL, BREAKUP SPELL , WEIGHT LOSS SPELL, LUCK SPELLS,+27839620753www.drsaava.puzl.com HAT WORK, **** LOVE ****, MAGIC ****, REAL MAGIC ****, BREAKUP ****, THE **** TO DEFEAT YOUR RIVAL, FERTILITY ****, DIVORCE ****, MARRIAGE ****, BIND US TOGETHER, CHANGE YOUR LOVER’S MIND ****, BREAKUP **** , WEIGHT LOSS ****, LUCK ****,+27718924792 http://bestlostlovespellscasting.webs.com

May 21, 2016 3:53 | 0 replies