Thu Dec 18 01:04:39 SAST 2014
Oscar Pistorius arrives court sentencing
Headline grabbers of 2014

The year 2014 has certainly turned heads with quite a few attention grabbing headlines. We look back.

Chris Rock: Family influence my act

By bangshowbiz.com | Dec 11, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 18 ]

Comedian Chris Rock says becoming a husband and father has changed his stand-up act for the better

The '2 Days In New York' star admits having his daughters Lola Simone, 10, and eight-year-old Zahra Savannah with his wife Malaak Compton-Rock, has influenced his comedy routine for the better as he is now an expert on the perils of fatherhood and having a demanding wife.

He mused: ''Does having a wife and kids change your act? Yes, but only in the best way. It gives you weight and authority. It also makes you closer to the audience because the audience is married and has kids. People without kids know nothing about kids. Jokes about your kids are always better than jokes about your brother's kids.

''Married guys know more about women than single guys.

"Single guys have girlfriends. Girlfriends are always auditioning, always on their best behaviour.

"Wives are like Supreme Court justices - they do whatever the f**k they want.''

Despite giving him a wealth of material to work with, Chris is adamant he would never air his family's private business on stage and makes sure to keep his jokes generic so as not to offend his wife.

He told Vanity Fair magazine: ''What isn't OK to say on stage? Any of your family's business. No experience that is just theirs. I don't really worry about what they are thinking.

"Anything I say about women, I try to make sure that at least five or six friends of mine are going through a similar situation.

''That way I'm not picking on my wife.

"We like to say I have my real wife, who's a lovely woman, mother to my children.

"Then I have my comedy wife, who's a crazy bitch.''

"People without kids know nothing about kids." Idiot!!!

Dec 11, 2012 7:21 | 0 replies

@Flemza
Jeislik, if its not your 5 sons,

its your vacsemtomy,
your status - being a multimillionare black diamond laywer
a coward who k!ll himslef if the w1fe cheats

I wonder if you believe any of the things you write

Dec 11, 2012 12:40 | 0 replies

Ma-Bhova, OBE is a b!tch.

Dec 11, 2012 11:48 | 0 replies

@Flemza
"hence I have 5 sons and I had to go for vaspectomy"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mxim... dude it's like u are Barack Obama bragging to Robert Mugabe about 2nd term. Mna ndoda i have 12 n still going strong, all from different women.

Dec 11, 2012 11:27 | 0 replies

wena o tlohele ho rogakana...fela otherwise u good comedian

Dec 11, 2012 10:55 | 0 replies

Yes its funny and true to that as sometimes those misbehaving ones are married compared to behaving ones

Dec 11, 2012 9:52 | 0 replies

@queenies
No I haven't, it's just that it is sad looking at a friendly wife knowing deep down that the husband is being unfaithful not only to her but to the entire family. I stopped going to two of my friend's house due to such things.

Dec 11, 2012 9:19 | 0 replies

@BrothaX you sound like you have been burnt before

Dec 11, 2012 9:12 | 0 replies

He is a good stand up comic! Unlike that crappy Jammie Foxx!

Dec 11, 2012 9:8 | 0 replies

Advice to all the married brothers out there, never tell a soul when you cheating on your wife even your best buddy .

Dec 11, 2012 8:48 | 0 replies

@Flemza
i have a son but i want to get that vis what what too, i know it has something to do tie tubes in the balls

Dec 11, 2012 8:47 | 0 replies