Tue Dec 23 04:56:05 CAT 2014
Pearl Thusi and daughter involved in an accident

Model, actress and radio personality Pearl Thusi was in a car accident that left her and her daughte.

Pheto is thrilled to be Bold and Beautiful

By Nonku Khumalo | Jun 09, 2011 | COMMENTS [ 133 ]

Thanks for the love and support. Much appreciated. These are exciting times :)

OSCAR-winning South African actress Terry Pheto is thrilled to join the cast of world number one soapie The Bold and the Beautiful.

"This is the opportunity of a lifetime and I look forward to sharing the screen with my soapie heroes Katherine Kelly Lang and Susan Flannery, while sinking my thespian teeth into a challenging role," Pheto said.

The celebrated actress, who is in Los Angeles to prepare for her role as a South African surgeon on the drama, said:

"I was head-hunted. I found out in December last year. I tried hard to keep the news to myself but I had to tell close friends and family.

"I grew up watching The Bold and the Beautiful. Not in my wildest dreams did I imagine myself acting in the soapie. I've always wanted to act in a soapie but I thought it would first be in a South African soapie."

Pheto won an Oscar for Best Foreign Film in 2006 for the movie Tsotsi. She is also the face of international make-up company L' Oreal Paris.

She will start shooting for the soapie next week.

The writers of The Bold and the Beautiful aren't revealing much about her role at this stage, however, they have confirmed that Pheto will be playing a world-renowned, South African heart surgeon in the Emmy-nominated drama series.

The producers of The Bold and the Beautiful wanted to bring in a storyline with a South African character.

The actress celebrated her 30th birthday in Las Vegas last weekend.

The soapie started airing in the country in March 1987. This February, the show aired its 6000th episode.

On her Twitter page, Pheto said: "Thanks for the love and support. Much appreciated. These are exciting times :)"

Her scenes will start showing on local screens next year. The show plays weekdays on SABC 1 at 6.30pm.

@Akhonto yes sweety they are very insecure.

Anyway last days blogging.

Jun 09, 2011 10:24 | 0 replies

i think she looks good.
So who do you think she will hook-up
with first. Rich of His Dad?

Jun 09, 2011 11:35 | 0 replies

o tla be a lo fana ka lepona flesh to flesh le bo rich no flag will go up this gal is coming back soon bo usher ba lo moja goed a kgutle ka aids i cross my finger on that one

Jun 09, 2011 11:38 | 0 replies

Mona ke mona. This chick ain't no mamasbaby. She worked hard to be where she is today. Why associate her move abroad with giving her milkyway source? Aren't you using the same source to get promotions and employments in South Africa?

Give credit where it's due and if so happens that she gives the source to rich men, it's her choice.

Jun 09, 2011 11:52 | 0 replies

@Nwanawamukalaha awuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!lol.Poor man will complain coz they can not get her.lol.

Jun 09, 2011 11:54 | 0 replies

i just hope she doesnt become big-headed like Nonhle Thema, eish i used to like that lady(nonhle) but i cant say the same any more....

Jun 09, 2011 11:57 | 0 replies

I guess DJ Sbu is pissing on himself for letting this woman off because they were a perfect match but as they say " One man's trash is another man's treasure"

Jun 09, 2011 11:58 | 0 replies

@Mdala,
You only drool over a woman, whether beautiful or not, if you as a man has moved to a lower standard as compared to when you were in love with her. With Sbu, i don't see him regretting because he's still up there with the local rich big boys of Mzansi.

Jun 09, 2011 12:2 | 0 replies

@KUKU

Has finding a compatible partner, starting a relationship and , well… getting laid become easier and faster in our modern world of virtual social networking, cell phone messaging and online chat rooms?

Jun 09, 2011 12:20 | 0 replies

@qalost
Yes, she is not pritty but pretty!!!

Jun 09, 2011 12:22 | 0 replies

Sex position: Taxi ride :

He lies on his back and you kneel astride him. Once he's inserted his penis into your vagina, you lean back and rest your weight on your hands. You then move your legs around so that your feet are resting flat on either side of his body. Squatting over him, you then bounce up and down – just like a bumpy taxi ride.

Why it's good for you:
It puts delicious pressure on your G-spot. There's also the sensation of being in complete command of events and being able to use your vagina at any angle you desire.

Why it's good for him:
The delight of this position is that he has very little to do, except perhaps bounce up and down off the bedsprings. It also stimulates his penis and gives him an arousing view.

Jun 09, 2011 12:23 | 0 replies