- Fluent in the language of the community being served
- Desire to help people to improve their living standards
- Tactful and mature
- Respect different cultures
- Good communication and persuasive skills
- Good teaching and organisational skills
How to enter
Schooling & school subjects
- Grade 10 Certificate
- National Senior Certificate is recommended.
What to study
Family planning community workers receive in-service training to effectively perform the duties required. The Department of Health, municipalities and some private organisations offer this type of training.