Footwear that never goes out of vogue
Shoes are vital to pulling a look together. They can give your outfit pop and allow you to be creative within your own sense of style. Shoe fashions come and go but there are some that never go out of style. Let’s take a look at a few of them:
Converse All Stars
Developed in the 20th century, these sneakers have been a household name to people from all walks of life for years. The design has remained largely unchanged and is as slick as ever. Fashion trends have changed over the years but the Converse All Star is still a trendy sneaker to rock. The simple design gives you the versatility to express your individuality and matching a pair of All Stars with your favourite ensemble, there is no way you can commit a fashion offence.
Take care of them with these easy tips:
1. Don’t ever bleach them.
2. Clean them with a mild soap-and-water solution.
3. Petroleum products will cause the rubber shoe to deteriorate, so make sure your sneakers don’t come into contact with them.
These sneakers have been around since 1969 and fashionably it’s not surprising the shell-type nose, cool bulky sole and amazing attention to detail makes one them some of the coolest ever created. Owning a pair of these to you will always be chic and fashion-forward. They come in a variety of colours and prints make Superstars make any look, from formal to casual, amazingly cool.
Great tips to keep them looking fresh:
1. Use a damp cloth to clean your sneakers.
2. Once they are dry, use shoe polish to treat the leather.
3. Remove odour by sprinkling baking soda in them and allowing them to overnight.
These are definitely one of the greatest pairs of boots anyone could own. The waterproof design was thought a bit ridiculous when it first came out in 1973, but little did. Its detractors know that by 90s the boots would be all the rage among rappers and hip hop artists. Biggie and Tupac came the era of baggy jeans and oversized T-shirts, which are well suited to the classic Timberland boot. The design has mostly stayed the same over the past few decades but has moved with the evolution of fashion.
1. Remove all the dirt from the boots before you condition the suede.
2. Use a suede-restorer brush to clean them.
3. Allow your boots to air out to draw out moisture.
This British footwear brand has amped out most street -style looks over the times decades. The air-cushioned soles make Dr. Martens a cut above the rest. They lend an edgy badass finish to any look. They were essential to Grunge fashion in the nineties and were popular among punks, musicians and all those who expressed themselves through their clothing. The boots itself themselves haven’t changed much but they have come out in a vast range of designs.
Different styles, prints and colours have been introduced. Gone are the days when they were only worn seasons in winter — they are great for all types of weather, and every type of look
Tips for looking after your boots:
1. Remove the laces when cleaning them.
2. Always brush off dust and dirt after wear.
3. Remove scuffs and build-up of old polish with acetone-free nail polish remover.
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.