Couple's death was avoidable

On June 7, Yusuf Sarang e-mailed Joburg Connect, asking the City of Johannesburg for help with what seemed to be an electrical fault in his Crosby home. 

The e-mail read: “Kindly assist please. I have a major problem at my house. I cannot touch my taps. There’s a power surge that goes through your body. This could result in death or my house burning down.” ..

This article is free to read if you register or sign in.

If you have already registered or subscribed, please sign in to continue.



Questions or problems? Email helpdesk@sowetanlive.co.za or call 0860 52 52 00.